Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! After years of talking about eventually owning the awesome and beautiful Maserati I finally found my automotive soulmate. Last Monday I purchased a 2015 Ghibli S Q4 and continue to find reasons to look in the garage to make sure it's still there.
As I continue to learn about the care and feeding of my new toy I know I'll have plenty of questions and hope to benefit from the collective knowledge on this forum. Thanks!

*Excuse the name britishiron acquired decades ago when I was into old Rover P80 and P100 sedans.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice and welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about it.

My British iron unfortunately rusted away: a 1974 Triumph TR6 that I made the mistake of driving in the upstate NY winters. I loved that car. Fortunately, I found a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadster with a stick to get a little closer to those good old days of top-down sports car driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started with a 1961 Rover P100 and spent thousands restoring a car comparable to a Chevy to look like a mini Rolls Royce. Was even featured in the Hemmings British car calendar. Problem with spending that much restoring a basic car is that you never recover that investment. When the time came to see it and move on to a new project I couldn't give it away. Finally sold it for a fraction of what I spent.
Next came a 1961 Peerless; first British fiberglass roadster. Didn't learn my lesson here either. Now I have my Ghibli and am enjoying the ride! No more projects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts