Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when will the new QP Sport GT S becomes available? Very few pics of this car have surfaced anyone have any? Also is it only available as an automatic?

Now, for a few other questions:) I'm interested in possibly getting a Quattroporte. Such a beautiful car, how can anyone not like it.

Does the automatic trans dilute the performance of the car, and are the acclerations times of the Duoselect alot better?

I have noticed that many new Quattroportes are listed under the sticker prices and many sell for under the sticker price. I have even seen a few used ones listed in the 70k range with low miles. What seems the be the normal selling price, do most still pay the sticker price?

Last question:) Are they reliable enough to be a daily driver, how many use them as a daily driver?

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
welcome. i dont have actual information on the GTS, but i am thinking if you order one now, you will get one for sure before spring. from what is available online, it seems to be AT only. what a pity.

i never liked the AT box. i dont think accleration times are too different. the DS is more fun.

i use mine as a daily driver. it's reliable enough.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone know when will the new QP Sport GT S becomes available? Very few pics of this car have surfaced anyone have any? Also is it only available as an automatic?

Now, for a few other questions:) I'm interested in possibly getting a Quattroporte. Such a beautiful car, how can anyone not like it.

Does the automatic trans dilute the performance of the car, and are the acclerations times of the Duoselect alot better?

I have noticed that many new Quattroportes are listed under the sticker prices and many sell for under the sticker price. I have even seen a few used ones listed in the 70k range with low miles. What seems the be the normal selling price, do most still pay the sticker price?

Last question:) Are they reliable enough to be a daily driver, how many use them as a daily driver?

Thanks ;)
QP GT S is the automatic version of the Sport GT, meaning lower body, Skyhook, huge alloys, dedicated interior, more aglile, better handling and all these combined with a brand new ZF 6-speed auto "bulletproof" gearbox with brand new software for extra smooth changes, pretty fast, (not like the CC) with tha paddles behind the steering wheel.
IMO is a good option for a sports salloon besides the gearbox.
Very good but not sporty!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Correction

The GT S will not be equipped with skyhook. It will be lowered about 1/2 inch in the front and 1 inch in the rear. Interior wise the seats' bolsters are going to be increased for more support. The seats will also have Suede inserts. Production begins next month, but the dealers should be getting their demos then too and you may be able to pick one of those up.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hopefully, the QP GTS will have the newer ZF software upgrade fitted to the GT. That is my one small complaint with the QP Automatic - the throttle tip-in seem too abrupt - and the tranny wanted to downshift immediately. Fine for "sport" mode, but too nervous for cruising in "Drive".

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Correction

The GT S will not be equipped with Suede inserts.
it will have alcantara inserts :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts