Maserati Forum banner

New Maseratis with Closing Maserati Store

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Joe Kelly 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Not sure where to post this but I ended up here. I am in a peculiar situation and would like some opinions.
I have a passion for cars and have recently purchased a Maserati Levante Grand Sport 2019 for my wife and a Maserati Trofeo 2019 for me. Both cars have low mileage as I just received them in October 2018 (Grand Sport - 1500 miles now)and January 2019 (Trofeo <200 miles). They are in perfect condition and we are having a great time with them. However, one of the main reasons I bought these cars was that was a new Maserati Dealer here in the New Orleans area with a service department with trained Maserati service people. All of a sudden this Friday March 1, I was informed that Maserati pulled the plug on the local dealer and they have closed and locked the doors. No one claims they had prior knowledge of this. Had I known the local dealership was closing I might have chosen another vehicle. Best Service department near New Orleans is 5-6 hrs away in Texas and 1 in North La (Shreveport). So I have 2 new perfect and fun cars with no local service support. I am looking into my options but I am uneasy driving these cars in an area with there is a fair share of crazy drivers with no local service support.

So do I keep the cars and enjoy them and hope for the best and hope I don't need a service department (unlikely); do I sell the cars and take a loss (really do not want to do that); or do I look into Maserati Corporate and local dealer and find out what the heck is really going on - doubt I will get a straight answer. At present it is Mardi Gras time here in New Orleans so I will let the dust settle and then begin the detective process as to my best options.

Thank you for reading my post and letting me express my frustrations. Do love the cars!

Lawrence Levy

See less See more
#2 ·
Maserati Roadside assistance pickup is free, but normal service and return shipping aren't free at least in my experience. I would contact the closer dealers and ask for a quote for pickup and delivery. Look for a local independent shop for routine maintenance and then use the dealer for warranty repairs/ recalls.

#3 ·
Thanks MBi. I am in the process of checking with local independent repair shops and the Mercedes Collision Center here and see if they are able to work on the Maserati; will call Houston and Shreveport Maserati for their assistance and quotes on getting car there and back for Warranty work. thanks again,
Larry

#7 ·
Hi NolaLawyer,
Thanks for answering my post. I have done some research and talked with several people on this. A summary of my info follows:
1. Talked with Maserati of North America: Melly there stated that Warranty Work had to be done at an Authorized Maserati dealer and that Maserati Road Side Assistance would truck the car to the nearest Dealership for service and get it back to you. This would be for the length of your warranty(4 years I believe). There# 888-371-1802. The closest dealership is in Houston, Tx. There is a dealership in Shreveport, La but they do not have a certificate from Maserati yet so they can not do warranty work at this time. I talked with Jean and Leo at Houston - Heffman Maserati 713 533-6100 - they will do the warranty work and have several customers from Louisiana that come there.
2. There is a wonderful lady at RB Dodge dealership - Norma 504 363-1999- who got the Maserati mail and FedExed my Registration and License Plate directly to me - at least have my papers and plate now.
3. Talked with RB Collision Center in Gretna 504 363-1965- Very helpful guy by the name of Stamati is an authorized and Maserati trained serviceman at the Collision Center. He can work on the cars and has contact with the service tech that can do oil changes. So for non warranty work he can handle Maserati.
4. Stamati also knows the owner at Lindsay Automotive (2501 Delaware Ave in Kenner - 504 466-2744) - Lindsay does high end imports for a long time and can work on Maseratis. He is off for Mardi Gras but I will drop by next week and introduce myself and see what he has to say about this situation.
5. There is also a great guy named Jon Scheurich at NOLA Sport - 504 301 2797. Talked with him and he has the equipment to work on the Maseratis. He is not an authorized service center but can probably get the Maserati Parts. He has several Porsche trained technicians and races cars at NOLA raceway.
6. I think that RB made a business decision to walk away from Maserati - not sure of all the details but it does put the new Maserati owners in a difficult situation. Maybe the local new owners need to meet and discuss directly with Maserati and get a solution that is good for all.
7. Call me any time to discuss.

Thanks,
Lawrence Levy
Cell# 504 416-5406

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.