Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The January 2006 edition of Australian "Wheels" magazine reports that Maserati is about to "unleash" a new Coupe variant, reportedly with an extra 35kW over the Gransport's 295kW. There's a "spy" photo of the SuperSport. Has anybody else heard about this (supposed) new model?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mhjc said:
The January 2006 edition of Australian "Wheels" magazine reports that Maserati is about to "unleash" a new Coupe variant, reportedly with an extra 35kW over the Gransport's 295kW. There's a "spy" photo of the SuperSport. Has anybody else heard about this (supposed) new model?
nice. i guess they are really trying to rejuvenate the line.

can you provide an excerpt of the article or a scan?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: New Maserati Supersport?

G'day M!

The "Wheels" article is very brief and says that there will be "a lower, more aggressive front spoiler assembly" and a rear bumper diffuser. The (quite distant) rear 3/4 view photo shows the diffuser (ie, "gap") in the lower half of the rear bumper. Otherwise, the car in the photo looks from the rear like a silver Gransport, so far as I can tell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
From maserati.com regarding the LA Auto show. No news about a SuperSport but there apparently is a Spyder version of the Gransport.

Maserati at the Los Angeles Auto Show

01/06/2006 - 01/15/2006Los Angeles

The spotlights will be on the Birdcage 75th at the American motorshow.

The splendid concept car was designed by Pininfarina using the MC12 as a base. The Birdcage 75th will amaze the US public, a population that embraces technological innovation.

Alongside the Birdcage, visitors will be able to admire the Quattroporte Sport GT (in Grigio Touring), a vehicle making its debut in the important US market.

The Maserati stand at the show (www.laautoshow.com) will also feature another car making its first appearance on US soil. The model in question is the GranSport Spyder, in Blu Nettuno. It will accompany the highly praised GranSport, in Nero Carbonio, on the stand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday evening, I attended the opening of the Melbourne International Motor Show (a bit early this year due to Melbourne hosting the Commonwealth Games and delaying the F1 Grand Prix). I was informed that the "SuperSport" will probably be (a) released in late-2006, (b) a different car to the "stripped/bare-bones" car reportedly referred to by the Maserati North America President recently (ie, the SuperSport should be available with CC, etc) and (c) the "last hurrah" for the "current model" coupe. Can anybody else confirm/deny these matters?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I heard a little something something about a car that originally was supposed to be released this year, but was cancelled without any real reason...

It wouldn't surprise me if these are one and the same, and while I really can't say much else, just becuase I don't want to get in trouble... I will say that if the cars are the same, its gonna be AWESOME.

- Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
mhjc said:
mhjc, interesting news. Any chance you have a copy of the magazine and are willing to scan it for us. Either way, thank you very much for posting about the article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Danilo
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing