Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a new for me maserati. This will be my first and would appreciate any thoughts you all might have. Here are the specs:

2002 Maserati coupe GT
14,000 miles
Almost everything has been optioned

What are my concerns?
Any trouble with anything?

Don't leave anything out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Usual rules apply:

1) Get a complete service history
2) If not buying from a Maserati dealer, be sure to have it professionally inspected by someone that knows Masers

- Rick

·
Registered
681 Posts
Alot of people use them as daily drivers myself included (well when I had it). They are reliable cars but like all Italian exotics they will have small quirks every once in a while. Let it heat up properly before getting on it.

There's nothing really difficult about these cars, not like say a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Suprisingly they're more solid cars in the reliability department.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have 2004 and havent had a single issue for over a 1 1/2 years. Hopefully you are buying it from a maserati dealership as they will have had all the updates done. There were quite a few especially regarding the cc.

Good luck and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding. The car has been gone through b the Maserati dealer in Chicago before shipping. CarFax looked good with all schedules being looked after. Glad to hear these cars are 'somewhat' reliable. I've steered clear of the Cabio Corsa for the reliablity issues even though I would love to drive like Schumacher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
topcarbon
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing