Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have just purchased a 2003 Coupe GT, blue on black, with 17,550 miles and could not be happier. I am a SSgt in the USAF and an aerospace engineer on the C-130h2 Hercules. I have been browsing about for quite awhile now and now that I own I was so happy I could join. If anyone has any great info for an East-Coaster in NC, I would be happy to have it. First mod coming up this weekend...Larini Exhaust...and then probably a FD ECU. Thanks in advance for all the great info and I can tell this will be a very friendly site full of wonderful information!

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Welcome Jonathan! FWIW - I would consider your first mod(s) to be the FD springs and then, the FD DBW (depending on when your car's clutch was last replaced). In my book, the ECU would be third on the list.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the suggestions, I was under the impression that the FDW was for the CC models only...I have the 6-speed manual and didn't know that it would help at all. Maybe I should give FD a call...and as far as the springs, well that is definitely going to happen, I hear that they are among the best mods and as a rather experienced auto-x racer (very amateur of course...lol) I am also very interested in the sway bar kit. Well, let's put it this way, as a member of the Armed Forces, money is tight and I dare not dip into the maintenance fund I have started, and only if the year's maintenance comes in under budget can I really afford to go nuts on the mods. If anyone has some more info on the DBW that I should know about, please feel free to explain. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and for the info.

Jonathan

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on taking some great pics this weekend. I am trying to get some tarmac access if I can, it would be great in front of the planes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts