Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my 2008 on 12/31/07. Nero Carbonio outside with Nero Inside.

Just got the window tinted

Traded my 2007 CL550.

Woundering how many GranTurismo are in So. CA?

If anybody knows

LA Gallery told me they get the next shipping on Febuary and they will get 2 only

i'll post picture in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hey man,

It isn't many, as the GT has not been doing that well... so many dealers aren't buying more (none are moving).

I talked to friends in two different So.Cal dealerships, the GT is a bit of a fluke... Thats a shame, because it means that they may not make a Gransport version... :[

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dealers are not doing much to encourage buyers either!

They made a big splash in August with its intro and then that was it! There was talk there would be a premium but that never materialized either.

The whole auto industry is doing poorly so the availability of the GT does not surprise me.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hey man,

It isn't many, as the GT has not been doing that well... so many dealers aren't buying more (none are moving).

I talked to friends in two different So.Cal dealerships, the GT is a bit of a fluke... Thats a shame, because it means that they may not make a Gransport version... :[
can you give more details about 'so many dealers aren't buying more (none are moving)"?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I was talking to a few friends who work at the dealership, and a few that work with them... They said that normally, they (high end cars, etc.) are sold way before they actually get to the dealership, and the rare few that aren't sold before are bought up by the type of people that drive by and say "I want that, here is your asking price"...

the ones that the dealers have (at least the western ones) have been sitting there for some time now. At first I thought they hadn't been picket up, but were sold... which lead to me talking to them.

nope. They are just sitting.

Thats why they are not buying more... they are hoping, regardless, that it is just a fluke because of the winter months... but I doubt it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats Ronen...

Wow, I am days away from buying a 2006 GS. Do you all think the lack of sales on the GT are going to negatively effect the other models?

·
Registered
3 Posts
brand new here and first post. i went into the auto gallery in the west valley and was basically ignored. when i asked about the gt the salesman said they would sell for the market price, 35k to 50k over sticker. i asked about ordering one and he said nope. i would never buy a car from these losers. i would be interested in buying one for msrp from a quality dealer. i am sure the people lining up to spend over 100k for a car nowadays is both short and narrow. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
brand new here and first post. i went into the auto gallery in the west valley and was basically ignored. when i asked about the gt the salesman said they would sell for the market price, 35k to 50k over sticker. i asked about ordering one and he said nope. i would never buy a car from these losers. i would be interested in buying one for msrp from a quality dealer. i am sure the people lining up to spend over 100k for a car nowadays is both short and narrow. :D
Were you there looking for the 08 GT? They seem very scarce

1 @ The Auto Gallery
1 @ Maserati of Newport
1 @ Penske/Wynn LV

Few others around the US..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Were you there looking for the 08 GT? They seem very scarce

1 @ The Auto Gallery
1 @ Maserati of Newport
1 @ Penske/Wynn LV

Few others around the US..
Yes new '08 GT. i am trying to understand the difference between scarce because few are buying them vs not enough production and everyone is buying one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got mine at the la gallery.

they were asking for $35,000 over sticker on 12/30/07, i said STICKER only they said no so i left leaving my card.

on 12/31/07 1100am they called me to come down. i said i'm paying STICKER, they said come down.

Got the car at STCKER $114,625

They said they sold one a week ago for 45K over sticker.

Also the next 2 they getting will be in February

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the vehicle! Could you please tell me about the features, i.e. is there bluetooth? Heated seats? Voice dial? Is the navigation a touchscreen? Is satellite radio available?

I feel like a heel asking these questions on a Maser forum, but it is a GT. I have played extensively on the configurator site, but beyond colors and textures I really don't have any information.

Thanks in advance for your response(s).

Markus

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i.e. is there bluetooth? Heated seats? Voice dial? Is the navigation a touchscreen? Is satellite radio available?

Markus
No Bluetooth

Yes Heated Seats

No Voice Dial

Yes Navigation, No Touch screen. (no a real good navigation)

No Satellite

Hope it help

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Maserati GT is great, i hear the sales in Europe are very good ? Could it be that in the USA the economy is having some troubles ? I'm hearing horror stories about business in the USA!

In Europe december 2007 the employment rate was never so low.. never ever since they counted it, the economy in Europe mainland is booming...weird with the very low dollar you guys have a 45% price advantidge compared to the Euro builded up in 5 to 6 years... USA products were never so cheap..is that a reason the Maserati GT is to expensive ? I payed around 125.000 euro tax included thats around 185.000.- USDOLLAR

1 - 20 of 41 Posts