Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, for those of you who don't want to hardwire an iPod adapter to your Maser, Griffin Technology just recently (finally) came out with their newest FM transmitter, the iTrip Autopilot. It supports the original iPhone as well the iTouch and iPods. You plug it into your cigarette lighter and it charges your iPhone while it lets you control music playback. It also has RDS so the group/song info shows up on the info centre screen.

It can automatically scan for a clear station and then you tune your radio to that. The first one I got barely worked at all in our Explorer and slightly under acceptable in my Maser, so I called and they said it must be a bad unit so they shipped me another one next day (without waiting for me to return the first one) and it works good, even in the metro area of 4+ million where I live and where there are hardly any clear FM channels open. I use it with an iPhone and it pauses the music when a call comes in. $100 but pretty sweet in my opinion.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautopilot

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i Had an apple one and it was absolute rubbish. so i gave up and went aftermarket. Pioneer with an AUX input. not too flash but it works

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lost faith in buy.com a year ago after I ordered something "in stock" at a good price only to have changed to "backordered" after a week of it still showing up as in stock, and then only to have them unilaterally cancel the order after that. Spoke to someone there who said their database must not have been up to date when I ordered it.

If an online only retailer can't get their database better than a week up to date, forget them, so I don't buy there and I banned by IT dept. from ordering anymore equipment from them.

They also probably wouldn't have shipped you another one out same day without first having you return the original or temporarily charging you for the second one.

But, if it works out for you and you get it cheaper with no issues, then drive and enjoy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Shipped on 6/20. I did free shipping so it will be here on the 24th.

I hope it works out because the was some feedback on buy.com from a guy in MN (where I am) that said it did not work out for him...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully, the other MN guy got the bad one and you get the good one.

The RDS works nicely, except that the info centre only shows about 8 characters at a time, so I get it showing things like:
Linkin Pa ... rk - Nu ... mb

I wonder if you can change the font size on the display to get more letters at a time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts