Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm in Switzerland and I've just recieved a '02 Maserati spyder bought on Ebay Motors.

This car was badly accidented and the seller told me every thing was repaired.

Now that I recieved the car, I need to spend about USD 20'000.00 to bring it back on the roads.

Several exhaust parts are missing and front suspension is completly unusable.

If you have some indications where to buy 2° hand spare parts or new parts from Maserati in Europe or USA at affordable parts, please let me know.

I found theses two sites :

www.eurospares.co.uk
www.ricambiamerica.com

Did you guys ordered something from these sites?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
For what it is going to cost you to repair the car, my suggestion is to take action against the seller and return the car since it was misrepresented to you. There are plenty of nice cars to choose from.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What action could he take. He bought a car on-line sight unscene. That is a huge risk and sometimes you lose. No PPI and you get burned. I think lots of cars on e-bay are there because they lemons and have issues. There is nothing like buying from a private party and either drive the car, have some else do it and get a PPI or at least talk with the servicing dealer. E-Bay is buyer beware. You need to do you home work. If the price was cheap it is for a reason. I would sell it and move on to a quality vehicle. If you think it is 20K it will be at least 30K when you dig deeper. These cars are time consuming and expensive to repair because they are essential hand built.
And if a hammer monkey does the repair you get a basket case which this car sounds to be. Sorry for your lose and good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ebay has buyer protection. Check it out asap as I believe you have 30 days from auction close to file a formal claim. Read up, eBay and their insurance company will try to screw you too...don't give in...fight, fight, fight!

Good luck!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Love to hear how E-bay and a insurance company are going to cover this one. Maybe if he never got the car at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts