Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been reading through this forum for a while and found a lot of great information here. Actually the cars I will be presenting here aren't mine, but my uncle's. Since I used to maintain them all the time though I ended up knowing more about them than he does :D

My access is NOW limited to the cars as I have moved from Vienna to Santa Barbara for school and only get back home twice a year - next time being christmas.

The first one he has is a '69 Ghibli SS initially owned by Orsi himself is supposed to be the first SS produced and seems pretty "bolted together", but I yet have to verify that via the VIN. (As an example - it only has "Ghibli S" badges - not "SS")

I'm not sure, but do all Ghibli's have everything with power support? (Especially the seats surprised me)

As you can see in the pictures it is in a decent condition, still has it's original paint and interior trim. It participates at the annual Kitzbühler Alpenrallye in Austria and actually ended up in a good position this year (not using the Tripmaster - my uncle refuses to use it).

The second car he has is a Khamsin 4.9 from 1972. The car is black in the pictures, but just got back from the paintshop in a middle-dark blue - the color it came with from the factory. He also had the "leaking" headlights repaired - they do get messy. (I haven't seen it in person, but my uncle said he loved the new "old" color)

I have to say I enjoy driving the SS a lot more than the Khamsin, because it is much more RAW. (Love that "truck" transmission) Everytime I get out of the Ghibli I feel like I just got back from a workout, whereas the Khamsin feels like a "new" car - compared to the Ghibli.

My uncle goes quite far back when it comes to Maserati, but changed to a Jaguar XKR quite a long time ago after someone hit him in his Quattroporte V6 on the Autobahn and it was totalled.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but these are the Maser's he has owned over the years: either a 424 or a 228 (can't remember - was a long time ago - will ask), Quattroporte 3 (owned the same one twice :D) and a Royale.

Ok .. well, looking forward to this forum.

Hmm ... wanted to upload a bunch, but I guess I'll have to find the pictures first. Here is just a small teaser:

I'll post more tomorrow - gotta get some sleep now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow .. thank you for that tip!

I think I'll even go there this weekend - looks amazing!
I still haven't found any better images yet, but I'll keep looking.

I lost a ton of pictures recently in a HDD crash, including the ones I shot of the Ghibli SS this summer.

If I can't find the other (high-res) images, I'll just upload the rest of the low-res images and driving videos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok .. I was able to rescue some of the shots I took of the Ghibli SS. Also I was able to find a vid of me putting the Khamsin back into the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAaQsCibPsg

I will be posting one picture after the other - have to photoshop them a little because only the bad ones survived (just exposure-wise).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts