Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Does anybody live in the CT area who can recommend me a good dealer and a reputable mechanic? I live in New Haven county, looking to trade in my 645 for a Spyder, it will be my daily driver spring through fall.

I look forward to purchasing soon and becoming a valuable member to this community as I have in BMW and Lexus forums!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Howdy,
I used to be at Yale, are you there as well?
Miller motors isn't far, though you do take your life into your hands on rt 95....hairy road!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yale!

Yes! I am right downtown new haven! My residence overlooks the new haven green. I am aware of Miller, it is quite far and they have so many types of cars, I find it hard to believe that they will be able to give me 100% When it comes to servicing the Maser. But that looks like my only option

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ahhhh...walking distance to a cold microbrew and awesome pizza at Bar...I miss it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHH YES, the wife and I only yesterday had Mashed Potato Pizza along with a pitcher of toasted blonde brew!

Sticking to Maser. Visting Miller on friday, they have a Spyder they feel I may like. Hope it is a 6 speed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
you really know how to hurt a guy.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purchase update!

Purchase update!

Last time I posted I mentioned that I was going to Miller to drive some of the masers, my first chariot was the 06 coupe 6 speed, I loved the drive, great around the corners, and had the rumble hat made the 911 I drove the day earlier sound like a whimpering school girl. Next the up was the convertible, not a big fan of the F1 shifter but loved the convertible aspect of it. The only way to get the 6 speed in convertible is go back to an 02 model, any suggestions? On ebay I could possibly get an 02 for around 45-50K Also in the past month I have driven a 911, love the torque but doesn’t have the wow factor as the maser, a 99 Ferrari 355, liked it, but mentally I have a hard time justifying paying 100K for a used car. So the maser it is, now the hunt begins.

Convertible
6 speed
Black
With burgundy or black interior.
Navi

I plan only to drive the car for the summer of 07 and sell it for the new 08 750i, they are removing the column shift and putting it back where it belongs. In the middle.

·
Registered
237 Posts
dupont registry would be a good place to start.

was the F1 that terrible? I have used it for sometime now, and it is great once you are used to it.

the '02 convertible has been criticised for having a lot of "cowl shake," I'd think carefully about that.

if you can stomach the F1 shifter, and are willing to spend ~$70K check out sportauto.cc, steve barney is a standup guy (ie: has a solid gold reputation) and he has a nice '04 spydeer with vintage package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have read about the cowl shake problem, it was the first year that they came out and most likely with all new productions it is difficult to get all the kinks out regarding the structural integrity. Would really have to drive one to see how bad it disturbs me. As for the F1, it felt like having a trip tonic on the steering wheel, the experience of throwing a car into gear while coming into or out or a turn can’t be duplicated with the F1. “Lack of driver participation” is how feel about it, but you may be right, it may grow on me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts