Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
466 Posts
Italian cars have their peccadilloes...but I think you'll find many of us love them (well, at least I do) in no small part due to their quirks...

· Registered
2010 Maserati QP GTS
76 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your acquisition sounds great. A photo or two would be helpful for us to understand your level of excitement😂. No experience yet with headrest issues, or any other significant ones for that matter. Hope it stays like that. There is a lot of past discussions about a large range of issues forum members have found; perhaps a few searches on that topic might be helpful too.
Enjoy your times here and your ride👍

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for the reply and interest. The headrest was down when I purchased the car. After reading about the operation, I learned that the lock is electromagnetic. I have attempted to get it to stay in the up position many times. I have held it in position for 30 seconds several times. I estimate that I have attempted to get it to stay in place at least 30 times.The only clue I have is that the button apparently is functional, as pushing the button causes a resounding "click". I'll assume that if it will finally stay up, pushing the button will release the lock and allow it to drop. Any thoughts are appreciated.

· Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
457 Posts
Do your buttons have the "stickies". If so, it could be binding down and not fully popping back up. Also, this button uses a pad not a spring. If the pad cracks, again, may not release. But that is a bit more uncommon. Just a thought.

· Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The buttons show evidence of being cleaned, and the rest of the buttons on that panel function adequately. I will investigate further to see if your thought is right, because the headlight switch sticks a little when turned and the fog light switches need a little coaxing to turn on the lights. I suspect that the previous "sticky" remediation may be the culprit. I will post any results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts