Maserati Forum banner

New guy with questions

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  opec 
#1 ·
OK, I just learned of the Quattroporte on Wed. night and test drove one on Thursday. I can say that it is hands down the nicest car out there with 4 doors.

The only thing I didn't like was the "stall" between swifts. Is that something that gets better after learning the car or is it there to stay?

I have read something about a diff. motor coming in the next year?
I would hate to buy one and miss out on the extra 100 hp or so.

Anyone know what to expect to pay for a new 05'? They had 4 left and 1 06'. I would think you could wheel and deal on these cars, but you never know. I did look on ebay and cars w/ less then 2K on them are "asking" 110K or so. Looks as if they take a pretty good hit the first year.

Any feedback from owners or people in the know would be great.

Very excited about this car.

Later

#2 ·
welcome. the QP's 'duoselect' works best on manual mode. forget about the automatic. the A is really = Annoying.

updates happen every brand. i have heard nothing about this motor. honestly, in the F430 with many extra mods, it gives 490hp. so, having 100hp more in a year might be a little unrealistic. some software tuners here will promise you a few more ponies. as far as the rumored V12 QP, even if it is here, expect a few $$$ above the V8 QP.

for the 06, the Sport GT does have a different exhaust.

i honestly dont know about buying these QP's off the lot. Afterall, the whole idea is to personalize your own QP. unless the car is fully optioned, i find some dealers car to be just missing something to be desired. of course, there are many color/specs combo out there that are quite well spec' out.

good luck!

Bendrover said:
OK, I just learned of the Quattroporte on Wed. night and test drove one on Thursday. I can say that it is hands down the nicest car out there with 4 doors.

The only thing I didn't like was the "stall" between swifts. Is that something that gets better after learning the car or is it there to stay?

I have read something about a diff. motor coming in the next year?
I would hate to buy one and miss out on the extra 100 hp or so.

Anyone know what to expect to pay for a new 05'? They had 4 left and 1 06'. I would think you could wheel and deal on these cars, but you never know. I did look on ebay and cars w/ less then 2K on them are "asking" 110K or so. Looks as if they take a pretty good hit the first year.

Any feedback from owners or people in the know would be great.

Very excited about this car.

Later

#3 ·
Welcome

Hey Bendrover, welcome to the board.
I've got an 05 QP just about to turn 20K miles. Took delivery of it in December 05. I love the gear box. I drive it entirely in manual though. When I first got the car I drove it in automatic mode a little bit and found I naturally learned to blip the gas pedal during shifts that really smoothed them out. But manual is the way to drive it.

With Maserati moving from Ferrari to Alpha I doubt if we'll see the V12 ever, certainly not in the next 24 months.

My car has been very reliable although tires wear fast; as they do with any performance car with big soft grippers. I haven't had to replace the clutch yet; which lasts longer in Manual mode.

The QP has been a great adventure and my favorite car ever from a list of pretty nice cars I've had.

Ken

#5 ·
Ferrari will continue to supply the motors in the high end Maserati cars, even after the split to Alfa. That is straight from the top guy at Maserati.

We have several pre-owned Quattroporte's, with a few very different configurations - A couple of them are on the Market section of this very site, the others are on our website.
http://www.maseratiofminneapolis.com

Check them out, and let me know if you have any questions.

I do definately agree with you - The QP is the best big body car with four doors, and the first button I press is M/A.

- Mark

#6 ·
Thanks for the information guys.

I know this is going to sound strange, BUT it is my wifes turn to get a new car and she agrees with me that the QP is hands down the best looking car we have looked at , but "It's not her" I can respect that, but holy cow!

We have an 04' Range Rover. So I'm thinking that covers the SUV side and the QP could cover the "4 doors" and the "sport" side of the garage:)
Still no go for her.

That is fine, I hope she makes a decision next week and I can start saving for the QP.

I will be visting this site everyday to get as much info. as I can.

Later

#8 ·
My wife finally drove my QP for the first time last night and she woke me at 5 this morning telling me to watch the kids so she could take it out. I'm afraid I'm not going to get it back. I've seen a few QPs around town and the split between male/female drivers have been even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.