Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 GTS. Didn't get titled until mid 2015, just picked it up last month with ~35k miles.
This is my first foray into Euro cars, but not my first lap around the block with fun shit. So far have only done spacers / powerdercoat on the wheels, and some tint.

In the past I had a '71 Chevelle (built a 383 SBC, did an auto to Tremec 3550 swap in my garage, etc.), then sold that to build a '28 Ford Model A coupe (4" chop / 6" channel on the body, Z'd frame - it was low - another built SBC, lake pipes that probably took a decade off of my hearing, etc.). Career, etc got in the way of car fun for a while but now I'm back... mostly for that 4.7L sound. I grew up around hot rods, my first job out of college was engineering for one of the worlds biggest engine companies, and I'm a SME in the fuel world now so suffice to say cars are in my blood.

FWIW, I love forums and hate facebook groups (been a member of a Chevelle forum since 2000) - glad to be here.

As for the question in the subject line - I read about the Novitec SC kit(s) that "existed" but were never available. Are there any legit performance mods out there for the GTS or is this a "just enjoy it" car? I'm open to either, just need to know.

Here are those other two for anyone interested:

Registered
2014 GTS. Didn't get titled until mid 2015, just picked it up last month with ~35k miles.
This is my first foray into Euro cars, but not my first lap around the block with fun shit. So far have only done spacers / powerdercoat on the wheels, and some tint.

In the past I had a '71 Chevelle (built a 383 SBC, did an auto to Tremec 3550 swap in my garage, etc.), then sold that to build a '28 Ford Model A coupe (4" chop / 6" channel on the body, Z'd frame - it was low - another built SBC, lake pipes that probably took a decade off of my hearing, etc.). Career, etc got in the way of car fun for a while but now I'm back... mostly for that 4.7L sound. I grew up around hot rods, my first job out of college was engineering for one of the worlds biggest engine companies, and I'm a SME in the fuel world now so suffice to say cars are in my blood.

FWIW, I love forums and hate facebook groups (been a member of a Chevelle forum since 1999) - glad to be here.

As for the question in the subject line - I read about the Novitec SC kit(s) that "existed" but were never available. Are there any legit performance mods out there for the GTS or is this a "just enjoy it" car? I'm open to either, just need to know.

Here are those other two for anyone interested:

Very sweet cars indeed! Welcome & Congrats. 馃憤馃徑
I do believe the Novitec SC, if you could get your hands on one, is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25k. Just enjoy it, I would say. 馃構

Reactions: Strychnine

Registered
Congrats! Beautiful car! I'm getting sport cats and x-pipe installed now. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts