Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Well I've been in and out of these forums for months, checking out all of your great rides and reading up on the latest Maserati events and I've finally found a legitimate reason to create an account on here. I finally had the opportunity to buy a Maserati that I just couldn't pass up. '02 nero/cuoio(?) (black/tan) Coupe GT with 38k (yes I know, a bit too high) for 14.5k :):):)

BUT there was a catch. The rear bumper has alot of imperfections including a crack in the lower lip and a crack on the upper driver side close to where it meets the tail light and both lens on the taillights were cracked (looks like it was love tapped from the back). It gets oh just a tad bit worse lol. The airbag light is on and I was told that both side airbags would need to be replaced :(

I didn't take any chances and had it towed to my house where it now sits in my garage and I walk over to it every couple minutes wanting to drive it around but then my responsible boring section of the brain tells me to repair it first. Had a very reliable independent look over it to make sure there was no other damage (no frame, previous paint, etc.) and everything, along with the carfax checks out clean.

Now my questions, where can I get a set of used tail lights, rear bumper and side airbags?

I called the dealer (Ferrari/Maserati of Central Jersey) but as soon as the sales rep told me it could take up to 90 days to ship the parts in as they don't have any in stock AND the prices, I quickly decided there had to be another way. I found a great company called Specialized Italian Recycling on Ebay and he had a nice rear bumper for around $800. Sound good?

Now as for the tail lights and side airbags....anybody want to part out their car? lol

I was planning on gathering up the parts and having Ultimate Collision here in Edison, NJ do the work (they mostly work on exotics and their work is immaculate).

Any input and advice would be appreciated, thank you guys.

P.S. - Will get pics up soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a perfect 02-04 black rear bumper. I put the 05 rear bumper a few weeks ago. I paid roughly $80 to ship it through Greyhound from OH to NC. Let me know and I get you a few pics but the bumper is in great shape.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent Justin. Shoot me some pictures to my e-mail address at [email protected] along with some details, Greyhound is fine with me.

As for the other guys, thanks for the help, just checked out the site and they were parting out a coupe so I sent them an e-mail inquiring about the parts.

As for the tail lights, can I purchase just the lens covers or would I need to buy the whole assembly?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Specialized Italian is very reputable, bought some small replacement parts for my Ferrari from them. Prices are good, but an individual, such as member here will probably be best price. I bought an extra set of tailights for my QP off eBay for about $100 each. If none available for your car, look up guy with QP tails for sale and send him a message. He always is putting new sets up, so he probably has a junk yard or something. Also, if possible, have bumper painted off car and then carefully put on. This way you avoid overspray all over rear end which will tell most dealers you had a big rear end collision since they always assume the worst. With a clean Carfax report and no bondo or overspray on rear, your car will be tops!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Body Work in New Jersey

Did you have the work done yet? If not, I will recommend Frankies's Auto body shop at South Main Street, behind the Mercedes dealership across Rt-1 from Ultimate Collision. I backed up on a lamp post (blind spot) while I was on vacation in South Jersey Shore last summer. The bumper, right tail light, trunk lip and side panel has to repair. Ultimate Collision quoted for $8700 cash and Frankie quoted for just over $2000 for the same repair. They (Alex & crews) are honest and very easy to deal with and did an excellent job on my 2004 Maserati Coupe. They repaired the bumper instead of replacing it (I cannot even tell the difference). For Maserati parts, I use DC automotive. They have better prices. Good Luck.

Hey Guys,

Well I've been in and out of these forums for months, checking out all of your great rides and reading up on the latest Maserati events and I've finally found a legitimate reason to create an account on here. I finally had the opportunity to buy a Maserati that I just couldn't pass up. '02 nero/cuoio(?) (black/tan) Coupe GT with 38k (yes I know, a bit too high) for 14.5k :):):)

BUT there was a catch. The rear bumper has alot of imperfections including a crack in the lower lip and a crack on the upper driver side close to where it meets the tail light and both lens on the taillights were cracked (looks like it was love tapped from the back). It gets oh just a tad bit worse lol. The airbag light is on and I was told that both side airbags would need to be replaced :(

I didn't take any chances and had it towed to my house where it now sits in my garage and I walk over to it every couple minutes wanting to drive it around but then my responsible boring section of the brain tells me to repair it first. Had a very reliable independent look over it to make sure there was no other damage (no frame, previous paint, etc.) and everything, along with the carfax checks out clean.

Now my questions, where can I get a set of used tail lights, rear bumper and side airbags?

I called the dealer (Ferrari/Maserati of Central Jersey) but as soon as the sales rep told me it could take up to 90 days to ship the parts in as they don't have any in stock AND the prices, I quickly decided there had to be another way. I found a great company called Specialized Italian Recycling on Ebay and he had a nice rear bumper for around $800. Sound good?

Now as for the tail lights and side airbags....anybody want to part out their car? lol

I was planning on gathering up the parts and having Ultimate Collision here in Edison, NJ do the work (they mostly work on exotics and their work is immaculate).

Any input and advice would be appreciated, thank you guys.

P.S. - Will get pics up soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats on the new Coupe

One thing I would recommend considering your mileage is get it checked out by a good tech to see if there are any lurking problems (brakes, valve noise, clutch wear, etc.). There's a really great mechanic in Morris County who specializes in Ferraris and Maseratis - New Vernon Coach and Motor Works. Steve is affordable but very good.

·
5,887 Posts
14.5K? Has US dropped to Third World Country level economically?
There is no such thing as a cheap exotic car. The car in question, according to the OP, needs both cosmetic and mechanical work. The bumper damage may be a sign of an accident history. Aside from the damage, the car is high mileage (for these), and is a first year car. Even with used parts, it could turn out to be an expensive project.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you (or anyone else for that matter) needs smallish parts from Eurospares, you can have them shipped to me at my UK address, and I'll bring them home in my luggage (to NY). Shipping the the US is crazy expensive from these guys. Preferably parts I can put in carry on luggage.

PM me if it helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
NJ service

I can recommend Classic Coach in Elizabeth for service $89 hr vs $150 . Great place ask for Carlos and they seem to be honest in terms of work. I had FD springs installed for $800 + alignment and corner weighting dealer quoted $2700 +.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts