Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Granturismo S auto. Metallic black, pearl beige
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just purchased a 2011 Granturismo and have a (major?) issue. I can't set the date and time in the info system. Spoke with my local Maserati dealer and they inform me this is a known issue (when service is reset and date/time are wrong) and is fixed with a new instrument cluster. So - I can start getting into negotiations with the company I purchased the car from and I can return it. But I kinda like it so am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a workaround?

Obviously Maserati will want to sell me a nice new instrument cluster but does anyone know if a second hand cluster would also work?

Also, attached is a picture of the toolkit that came with the car. There are some empty spaces - can anyone tell me what tools are designed to fit in those spaces?

Thanks!

Product Wood Font Pattern Cutlery

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've never heard of not being able to set the date/time before. What happens when you set it via the infotainment unit?

If you buy another instrument cluster you will need to get it programmed to match your car. Note that there are also many different versions of the cluster. For example MC-Shift and automatics have different units.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly the problem - you can't set it through the infotainment system. You get the following screen and no matter what you do it won't save your updates. And a main Maserati dealer confirms this.

Gadget Computer Font Multimedia Display device

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,571 Posts
So it allows you to set the dates and time , and then when you scroll down to the “ok” on the screen so it’s highlighted, and you push the center button of the dial knob, it won‘t save the data , correct ?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct. Change anything you want, click on OK, screen disappears but the changes aren't stored. Done on purpose, evidently, to stop people changing the system date to avoid the service light showing. £1400 - £1800 for a new instrument cluster. Plus fitting etc.

So, if you are manually resetting your service code using an ODB reader ensure the date and time in the car match the date and time on the ODB reader ...

·
Super Moderator
5,465 Posts
Sports Italia can fix this without a new dash I believe. Come join Sportsmaserati.com and ping @conearo or me. Same nick on there.

And the analysis is correct. If you try and spoof the reset, you hit this issue.

I'm not going to state your toolkit is absolutely complete, it looks it to me. Other bits are for Spyders and so on.

C

Reactions: DutchGT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did try and join Sportsmaserati.com last week. I registered but I'm still awaiting acceptance from an administrator 🙂 So if anyone from Sportsmaserati is reading this... 😉

Thx for the feedback on the toolkit. I doubt if I'd ever use it as I have a garage full of tools (including me) but, you know, just for completeness sake...

·
Super Moderator
5,465 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did try and join Sportsmaserati.com last week. I registered but I'm still awaiting acceptance from an administrator 🙂 So if anyone from Sportsmaserati is reading this... 😉

Thx for the feedback on the toolkit. I doubt if I'd ever use it as I have a garage full of tools (including me) but, you know, just for completeness sake...
What name did you register as? I'll get a mod to approve.

C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts