Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took the plunge and traded in my AMV8 and picked up a GT in Blue Ocean, cuoiosella interior, 20" wheels, blue stitching, wood wheel. Gotta say so far I love it, total differerent ride than the vantage. I have to compare it to a combo of a bmw and merc... its not as souless as the merc but not the tightness of a bmw but a good combo of both. I'll post pics when i get home from the office... any GT owners in NJ on here?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty interested to hear your feelings about the GT vs. AMV8.
two totally different cars... the amv8 is a compact sports car that IMO has a timeless sex appeal. But it lacked space, luxury, and comfort... it was a simple car. The exhaust note though was to die for and handled great... before I even saw the GT I was close to making a deal for a BGT just because I wanted something with more comfort, bigger, and at least had some gadgets in it. only thing that I was a bit hesitant about was the looks of the bgt which I thought was a bit bloated and bland. When I saw that the MGT was out, the looks def kill the BGT and the only thing that the BGT won over the MGT was the engine. I'm no speed freak and the price was just right to chose it over the BGT.

congrats! what makes u switch out of the AMV8?
I loved the car but I needed more room and wanted to be more comfortable so it was time to move up to a GT car and the maserati fit the bill the best for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great pics! Thanks for sharing. BTW, was at my dealer last night and they had just gotten in a Granito GT....this color surprised me as it looked good in person.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice car topaz

almost got my order dark and light...... I ordered a Black with Beige interior GT last month... wont be in USA until late May.. (the wait is killing me) I also test drove the AM Vantage.... I found it to be a rougher ride... and cock pit was a little tight for me (6 ft 220 lbs.. age 51) but a nice care nontheless.... I really liked the DB9 but not the price point......Where are you in New Jersey... I am down at the Jersey shore....... waiting.. tic .. tic.. tic....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Topaz.. NJ lic. plate?

do you have any intentions of putting the god awful front lics plate on the front of your new GT ? I will not do it.. and will take my chances......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
almost got my order dark and light...... I ordered a Black with Beige interior GT last month... wont be in USA until late May.. (the wait is killing me) I also test drove the AM Vantage.... I found it to be a rougher ride... and cock pit was a little tight for me (6 ft 220 lbs.. age 51) but a nice care nontheless.... I really liked the DB9 but not the price point......Where are you in New Jersey... I am down at the Jersey shore....... waiting.. tic .. tic.. tic....
Same here, I'm not big 6' 160 but it was still tight for me... I can feel it on longer rides. I'm in central NJ, middlesex county. Where did you order your car from Edison?

do you have any intentions of putting the god awful front lics plate on the front of your new GT ? I will not do it.. and will take my chances......
I didn't have it on the vantage and *crosses fingers* i hope i don't get harassed. but you know how these nj cops are....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ordered car from Kerbeck Motors

I am down at the new jersey shore... so this was closest Maz dealer.. also I know and trust the dealer......

Topaz.. any advice or tips.. or things you would have done differently when buying car ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am down at the new jersey shore... so this was closest Maz dealer.. also I know and trust the dealer......

Topaz.. any advice or tips.. or things you would have done differently when buying car ?
where is there a maserati dealership down south?

as far as advice just make sure your alone when you pick up the car... that way you'll enjoy it more :D stretch her legs a bit... but not too much;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
why alone for delivery ? think i should bring the Mrs ? dealer in Palmyra NJ right across river from Philadelphia.. called F. C. Kerbeck...

Maserati, Porche, Aston M.. etc...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I didn't think it was required to have a front plate in Jersey? Apparently I am mistaken. I would take the risk just to avoid disfiguring the front of that beautiful car. Keep the extra plate in the boot--perhaps bash it up a bit, and claim it fell off if you get pulled over. ;) Is there any way to temporarily attach a front plate? Perhaps a really heavy-duty velcro? At least that would only be seen at close view.

Regarding the AMV8--I test drove one of those. Wonderful handling, quite quick, and very user-friendly to drive! Not very practical though, as topaz330 says.

Congrats on the GT! That is one beautiful car, especially with your color combo!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I didn't think it was required to have a front plate in Jersey? Apparently I am mistaken. I would take the risk just to avoid disfiguring the front of that beautiful car. Keep the extra plate in the boot--perhaps bash it up a bit, and claim it fell off if you get pulled over. ;) Is there any way to temporarily attach a front plate? Perhaps a really heavy-duty velcro? At least that would only be seen at close view.

Regarding the AMV8--I test drove one of those. Wonderful handling, quite quick, and very user-friendly to drive! Not very practical though, as topaz330 says.

Congrats on the GT! That is one beautiful car, especially with your color combo!
?? velcroing the front plate temporarily??????
when?
as soon as he got pulled over by the cops?????

·
Registered
262 Posts
?? velcroing the front plate temporarily??????
when?
as soon as he got pulled over by the cops?????
Er... right. Obviously that is an issue. Well, I didn't say it was a foolproof plan. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also didn't mention that I was quite daft, did I? I suppose that lowers the median IQ of the group.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts