Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My new grille finally arrived and it has the black mesh as opposed to the chrome mesh.

Do you guys think it would take away from the looks of the car if the whole grille was black, Trident and chrome surrounding?

I know I asked about powder coating and it cannot be done but was wondering if the body shop slapped a couple coats on if it could sustain rocks and other debris and not look cheap if chipped?

Thanks guys,
Stephen

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd suggest trying some VHT Nite-Shades™-- Specialty Products . It will make it look like blacked-chrome rather than outright black, and if you don't like the result you can take it off (with methylated spirits I believe). I'd suggest a practice run because you can control the level of tint with every coat, and you can check what's involved in taking it off, I'd try it on the grille you're intending to replace.

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey guys,

My new grille finally arrived and it has the black mesh as opposed to the chrome mesh.

Do you guys think it would take away from the looks of the car if the whole grille was black, Trident and chrome surrounding?

I know I asked about powder coating and it cannot be done but was wondering if the body shop slapped a couple coats on if it could sustain rocks and other debris and not look cheap if chipped?

Thanks guys,
Stephen
"take away from the looks"? No ! The car is so unusual very few will notice. Bob Zimmerman

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks guys,
Stephen
Black out everything, Red trident (y)
cue music, roll credits, game over

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks guys,
Stephen
Any pictures???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts