Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collecting a brand new GT S this Saturday. Trading in my lovely 4200. I shouldn't have spent the money and I feel an idiot buying this in this credit crunch. It's not green, it needs road to road refuelling, its the biggest, noisiest, CO2 spewing vehicle around and the the environmentalists are going to hate me!

Going to hide it from my friends & extended family - got no-one to tell except my immediate family and you! Here are the pics.

...really looking forward to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's a nice car, also realized that you're in the RHD country, same as ours in Hong Kong. That's the only criticism that many setup and switches are originally designed for LHD models, sometimes will find it odd or at least not user friendly to me.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats! u will love it.

That's a nice car, also realized that you're in the RHD country, same as ours in Hong Kong. That's the only criticism that many setup and switches are originally designed for LHD models, sometimes will find it odd or at least not user friendly to me.
what switches are odd or not user friendly in the RHD GT?

·
Registered
65 Posts
what switches are odd or not user friendly in the RHD GT?[/QUOTE]

Mine is an automatic QP, while in driving mode, I can't see those small indicator light for shift gears since they are blocked by the shift knob, and I've to push the shift knob to far left for the manual mode, also the hand brake is on the far left side of the console....etc. Actually these reverse side settings will appear here on most European cars since they are originally designed for LHD, can't say it's a problem with the design but just not convenient to us. And I don't think any manufacturer will produce two sets of everything for LHD & RHD.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
what switches are odd or not user friendly in the RHD GT?

Mine is an automatic QP, while in driving mode, I can't see those small indicator light for shift gears since they are blocked by the shift knob, and I've to push the shift knob to far left for the manual mode, also the hand brake is on the far left side of the console....etc. Actually these reverse side settings will appear here on most European cars since they are originally designed for LHD, can't say it's a problem with the design but just not convenient to us. And I don't think any manufacturer will produce two sets of everything for LHD & RHD.[/QUOTE]

that's QP you are referring to wrt the odd switches, not GT, correct?

·
Registered
97 Posts
get over it!

I am saying this in a nice way.
You really should be in this 100%.
It's the only practical way to approach this situation.
You are the owner of a beautiful exotic automobile.
I doesn't matter the economic situation the rest of the country is in.
You are actually helping the economy by becoming or remaining an active consumer.
Many consumers are making the world's economic down turn worse by hording their money and seizing to buy products that they would normally buy.
Many things to consider. If you have already bought the car, then enjoy it every single moment of ownership. Even enjoy the moments you turn on the garage lights in the morning just to check on the car. Enjoy starting up the car in the morning. Enjoy every single mile!!!
Don't sweat it...
Life is way way too short to worry about things that don't matter...

·
Registered
228 Posts
In a word................

WOOOOOOW!!!!!!!

MWElliot, that is one mighty nice looking car! Best of luck with it and enjoy your drives wherever they may lead you.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
The GT is an awesome looking car. Enjoy every moment.

How long did you have your 4200 ?

Once you get real/quality time behind the wheel, give some honest feedback on the differences.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Congrats on the new ride... it's beautiful!

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts