Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. My first day of driving was sublime! Along with many others I have always thought this car was beautiful to look at, and yes the exhaust is very special. It really adds to the overall experience of driving the car. I like to evaluate a car on its own merits, before making comparisons with other cars that I have owned.
Things that have impressed me so far:
Design, including quality of fit and finish
Shifting is fabulous, fast and seamless
Exhaust, inviting both going up and down the gears
Seats, firm and comfortable
Handling, feels very solid with responsive steering. Suspension is not overly firm, I think a good mix for both cornering and cruising down uneven highways.
Nice touches, automatic electric handbrake, rpm indicator lights and automatic tire pressure display.

The only item that I would change is that the default for the transmission is "Automatic." Not sure if this can be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The only item that I would change is that the default for the transmission is "Automatic." Not sure if this can be reprogrammed.

Really?! Unbelievable! I hope you can reprogram it.

Congrats on the new car!

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Congratulations :D

The GT S in white seems to be the "in" colour. Maserti has had a few car mags in Europe test the car in that livery and the show car at the premier Maserati dealer here in Tokyo is a white GT S :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can reprogramme the Auto feature on a Ferrari F430 using a sequence of invloving the paddles (forget how exactly but it's on a thread on Fchat) so I'd guess you can do the same with the Maserati.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for all of the nice comments.
I did a gray insert for the steering wheel to get some color contrast with the all black dash.
In reading the manual last night, the car should start in the mode that it was in when the engine was last turned off. Not sure if it is a malfunction or operator error. I

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The manual does say the car should start in the transmission mode it was in when it was last turned off, so I am not sure if I did something to trigger the auto mode. I have only had the car for a day, so I will be more certain what is going on in a few days.
I live in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I asked half-heartedly. I put the deposit down on the car right after it was announced in the spring. The salesperson, George Shinn was great in communicating with me and put my order in as soon as Maserati started accepting them. I got out of the stock market 8 years ago, so I was fortunate to still have the money to pay list price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drove an S yesterday having owned a Gran Turismo since February and loved it. So much so that I tried to p/ex mine for a black S. Unfortunately, the economy has slaughtered the resale of these cars at the mo so am gonna have to wait a bit.

ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congratulations, looks a fantastic car. Notice you were impressed with the ride and was wondering whether yours was a non skyhook model? I am looking at maybe changing my QP GTS for a GranTurismo S next year and am tempted to go without skyhook as my QP set up is so good without it, but dealer is advising to get it as car will be harder to sell on without. Am tempted to ignor dealer but was curious as to what set up your car has. Many thanks.

Cheers

Carl

1 - 20 of 27 Posts