Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been driving my new Gran Turismo as almost a daily driver for a few weeks… approx 1000 miles… taking her to the Pocono mountains (4 hour drive) this weekend for the Italian Car Concoursa

Here is a quick review…

Body:

Love the rear lines and love the nose, not crazy about the bonnet, kind of looks “corvette-ish” at times...
The car is a “big car” feels not so nimble at times…but I need to remind myself that it is a “grand touring car” and not a pure sports car… (very comfy)

Engine:

The car is a “big car” and feels large and heavy when driven at normal speed in the normal mode, HOWEVER in my opinion the sport mode makes a big difference, the car does not feel one bit underpowered in the sport mode .. it really comes to life….. Engine/exhaust note is just right for me… civilized when idling, but growls when pushed….

Trans:

For this car, auto with paddles is perfect, very responsive and a good bit of a torque when in sport mode. Shifts are right on the money..

Steering:

Tight and responsive, best at higher speeds…. (have had car to 130 mph, like it was on rails)

Interior fit and finish:

Most of interior is very fine, well done… some plastic parts are disappointing (bonnet release is cheap plastic, in fact mine failed and needs dealer attention)

Back seats are actually useable

Music / Hard drive….is great, navigation is so easy even a cave man could use it… (Navigation is good but not great)

General Impressions:

Truly a one of a kind rare car (for now) and a real head turner… (not why I bought it) The car really has “presence”

·
Registered
181 Posts
Easy,
Your review is quite on-the-money.

I'm curious... is that your car in the picture? From my knowledge, the Granturismo in the US comes with headlights with a charcoal interior bezel. But, judging from your picture, it seems you have a chrome/reflective headlight bezel (offered in European GT models).
Can you confirm whether yours is charcoal or reflective?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha... good pick up

I "borrowed" that picture while waiting for my car... I have not taken a good picture yet.... I will this weekend....

Attached is a not so good cell phone picture of me and my car.......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Easy,
Your review is quite on-the-money.

I'm curious... is that your car in the picture? From my knowledge, the Granturismo in the US comes with headlights with a charcoal interior bezel. But, judging from your picture, it seems you have a chrome/reflective headlight bezel (offered in European GT models).
Can you confirm whether yours is charcoal or reflective?
Dude, you're obsessed with bezels ... ;) LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
bigfoot: yes i am! i actually cancelled by 2009 GT blu oceano with avorio interior purely because of the bezel color. i changed the order to black on black (red stitching, red trim), which is identical to my current 2008 GT. I'm probably going to just sell my new order to someone else. The current wait for a GT is 9 months in Korea so I'm sure someone will swoop up my order.

i will post pictures of my GT once i get off my lazy *ss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts