Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you have probably noticed by now we have a much more powerful forum now. Many new features have been added and the entire system is better. I hope to also add some of my own customization to it in the near future.

There maybe a few minor gliches left and subscribers will see the most problems. Please be patient with me as I correct these errors. The end result will be well worth it.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Andrew
Thanks for the continued commitment to keeping this forum going. I have found it absolutely required reading, and it has pointed me in the right direction on many issues. Without it, my Maserati experience would have been good I am sure, but not as good as with the information I get from the forum.
When are we going to meet somewhere on the Peninsula for lunch? I am in Los Gatos and I think you are in San Francisco. How about at the bistro at FMSV some day for lunch? The Ferrarichat crowd meets there periodically.
Thanks again.
Mike

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

Thanks for the feedback and compliments. Meeting up at FMSV would work for me sometime in the spring.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Andrew,

Congratulations on the new forum layout - it really is very good indeed!

Only problem I have is logging on. I used to be able to click on "Log On" and that took me direct to my username and password, so all that was needed was one more click and I was in. Now I have to enter my username and password in full every time.

Is this a glitch or just me (cookies enabled)?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ian
You can set it up so you get logged in automatically whenever you visit the forum. That is how I have mine setup. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I think I clicked a box when logging in that said something like "remember me every time I visit" or some such. I don't have to explicitly log in at all anymore. On some sites, like your online banking, this wouldn't be a good idea, but on a passive forum like this there seems to be little risk to the automatic login.
Mike

McNab said:
Andrew,

Only problem I have is logging on. I used to be able to click on "Log On" and that took me direct to my username and password, so all that was needed was one more click and I was in. Now I have to enter my username and password in full every time.

·
Registered
835 Posts
McNab said:
Andrew,

it's a cookie thing indeed. try checking the boxes, if it still doesn't work and if you have software like ccleaner running on your PC it will delete cookies.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
MikeA and haha, thank you both very much indeed.

I'm certain this is a firewall thing - so much protection that it bites its own tail ! Will try various settings and see if I can improve it.

No problem with previous version of Maserati Forum - it always came up with my username and password automatically, but for some reason it won't do it now, no matter how often I check the boxes.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ian...

i must be drunk last night. i thought it worked for me but after I took a closer look this morning, the html and javascript somehow doesn't do anything with the checkbox. though this PHP thing is a server side web component, it might be doing something with it. i think you are absolutely accurate, there is a glitch. i doubt your firewall has anything to do with it so don't start sharing ports :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
haha,

Worry not - I haven't altered anything yet, and won't until Andrew comments on the possible glitch. The strange thing is that this is the only website which is misbehaving (out of at least twenty I use regularly).

Andrew?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made some tweaks so everyone has to use the same domain. I am in the process of updating the other portions of the website to "Maserati Life" to reflect that the site is more than just a forum. Therefore I've made www.maseratilife.com the domain. All the old links will forward without a problem. This should fix any problems you are having.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice name!

apparently, didnt Maserati themselves wanted to promo themselves as a lifestyle item? (along with travel, golf, wine, arts, etc etc).

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1Turbo said:
What do the Squares under the Post Count Signify ?
I notice some are Green.
If you look at the post you can see there is a Scale icon in the top right next to the post number. If you click that it will give you the option to rate a person's post (or them). It is something new I want to try. If it works well it will help new users quickly know which users are the most knowledgable. While this site's users are all wonderful and knowledgable I wanted to see how it works.

There is also the option to rate a thread 1 - 5 starts when you are viewing the thread the very top has a "Thread Tools" dropdown that will allow the rating.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maserati of minneapolis said:
Andrew;

I've been so busy with the dealership I haven't had a chance to stop in, in quite some time. The new forums look great.

One quick question - I was going to update all of our cars in the market section, but I don't see a link to delete an ad?

- Mark
Thanks for the feedback. I will check to see if there is a problem. When you view an ad you submitted it should show the delete link.

I am going to create a better system that allows a person to see everything they have active on the site so this problem doesn't continue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts