Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
without the paddles shift, it will be even slower...

spoke with my dealer here... there wont be a F1 option for the Coupe for now... maybe they will whack it into the future GS version...

sigh...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think you are precisely correct... with an auto gearbox, the market will now be targeted at those who can afford a luxury GT but want that extra something in exclusivity...

but I do think there is a price to pay for mass market appeal (look at the Porsches 996/997)...

the price will be substantially higher here in HK... definitely hitting the QP range...

·
Registered
279 Posts
From a luxury car market perspective, the 997 S is a success - it sold in volume across the whole spectrum of buyers.

Hong Kong is a weird place - a pretty good barometer for Asian flavours on exotic cars - but when you see 997 everywhere, it's not an encouraging sight for exclusivity.

I went to the dealership here last night - too late in the night to test drive the QP automatic so I sat around and chatted for a bit. The sale guy was saying that Maserati did ome market study and realised the paddles (even though the majority of us love it) are hindering their sales. Therefore off goes the paddles and in comes the auto tranny. They want to capture those who doesnt like paddles but want the Trident badge.

So how this reminds me of something that happened during the 90s.

I walked out contemplating what I should be getting next.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry... when I said paddles, I meant the F1 gearbox... bad lingo...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.