Maserati Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
So this is in process. I've given all the details from the suspension to Ceika.

If someone could please be so kind to confirm whether or not the front or rear shock is the longer one? I had to take mine with me while working so I could measure them up but now I can't remember which is which!
Rear are longer Fronts Shorter ;)

·
Registered
920 Posts
This is now ready for the first set to be manufactured. I'll continue to update with details of what is going on.

It looks like they're be less than $2000USD per set. I'm looking at making a 'Skyhook Defeat' to clear it off the dash as well, shouldn't cost more than $100.

Anyway, out of curiosity, a show of hands for Ceika - who would be interested in getting a set?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anyway, out of curiosity, a show of hands for Ceika - who would be interested in getting a set?
I would have been a couple of years ago, but the KW V3s I put on back then are still doing fine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Love my FD coilovers- best thing I did for my car but the point about these being 20k cars now and not 90k ones is a good one - good luck with this effort.

·
Registered
920 Posts
They're currently making the first set so far as I'm aware. I provided dimensions, but otherwise I'm not ordering a set. They seem like a good company - I like dealing with them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE: The prototype coilovers from CEIKA are on their way. I will install them and then let all of you know what I think. Very excited!

·
Registered
920 Posts
They seemed like a pretty cool company to deal with. When they were asking me about it they wanted to know what the usage would be to customise the spring rates. I just don't have the money handy at the moment. I'd love to get a set and make a video about them but they're a small company and couldn't afford to. If anyone in the future wants to get a set and send them my way to test, I can make some videos and then pop them off and send them to you.

In the meantime, back to looking at rebuilding the skyhooks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So pretty much everything on their site is priced @ $1090 for a standard set of coilovers, and $1970 for a remote reservoir version. I can't find a single car where both options are not available.

At $1090, I'm in tomorrow. At $1970 its just not an option I am comfortable in spending on. Fingers crossed they prioritize the "economy" version over the "premium" as I feel that is where the real market gap for these falls.

As fort eh skyhook delete.....I have seen mixed feedback re: removal of the skyhook computer eliminating any lights in the dash.

I am quite interested to see what the ride height is adjustable to once installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So pretty much everything on their site is priced @ $1090 for a standard set of coilovers, and $1970 for a remote reservoir version. I can't find a single car where both options are not available.

At $1090, I'm in tomorrow. At $1970 its just not an option I am comfortable in spending on. Fingers crossed they prioritize the "economy" version over the "premium" as I feel that is where the real market gap for these falls.

As fort eh skyhook delete.....I have seen mixed feedback re: removal of the skyhook computer eliminating any lights in the dash.

I am quite interested to see what the ride height is adjustable to once installed.
I agree at $1090 I will be very happy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
A bit late for this but if anyone wants a set of GS non skyhook suspension to send out I can give it away for free (+ cost of shipping).

·
Registered
330 Posts
@lambertius

For those of us that have little knowledge on topic such as spring/damper rates, but want a coilover set that decreases body roll, is generally more predictable, perhaps slightly more taught than the sport setting, but still fairly comfortable on the street, will Ceika have this information available (or can you provide suggestion)? I know I can reach out to manufacturer, but as you seem to be pretty in tune with stuff like this I figured I would ask here. Based on what I have read from Porsche forums they do a pretty good job at giving an "all around" off the shelf option for older 911s, but I would not know where to start in terms of requesting my own specs.

·
Registered
920 Posts
@lambertius

For those of us that have little knowledge on topic such as spring/damper rates, but want a coilover set that decreases body roll, is generally more predictable, perhaps slightly more taught than the sport setting, but still fairly comfortable on the street, will Ceika have this information available (or can you provide suggestion)? I know I can reach out to manufacturer, but as you seem to be pretty in tune with stuff like this I figured I would ask here. Based on what I have read from Porsche forums they do a pretty good job at giving an "all around" off the shelf option for older 911s, but I would not know where to start in terms of requesting my own specs.
I wish I could give you the right answer straight off the bat but I don't have much knowledge about suspension setups off-hand. The problem is that suspension is a dynamic system that is tuned; the consequences of this are that it is basically impossible to fully predict suspension behaviour from first principles. Further, any slight differences in road surface will change behaviour (a big part about why suspension setup with race cars is track specific). Road cars will always compromise because of the vast array of road surfaces they need to support.

The short version; just ask the supplier for some suggestions and then go by feel. Don't be afraid of making adjustments later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
When they designed the suspension they emailed me to ask how I wanted it. I'm of the mind that they will likely be willing to tailor the setup to the individual tastes of the purchaser to at least some degree. I'll be hopefully getting the car back today and I'll make a more detailed post about my overall experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When they designed the suspension they emailed me to ask how I wanted it. I'm of the mind that they will likely be willing to tailor the setup to the individual tastes of the purchaser to at least some degree. I'll be hopefully getting the car back today and I'll make a more detailed post about my overall experience.
Have you driven the car yet with the new coils installed? Very curious about these, really would like to replace my tired skyhook suspension

21 - 36 of 36 Posts