Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you own a coupe or qp 06 and earlier you ll be needing a T/o and flywheel especially if you have high milage, well i have a bunch of new QP and Coupe parts laying around oem new in box, please let me know. i need to get rid of. any questions about your vehicles you can also let me know..ill be happy to answer them for you :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Did they cure this problem for the 2007 duo-select QP?

·
Registered
722 Posts
It seems to me that more and more people don't understand transmissions other than torque converter automatics these days. The idea that a clutch is a wear item, like brake pads, totally throws them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Come to think of it, the same thing will happen with brake pads once we are all driving hybrids or electric cars, because with regenerative braking the pads can last the life of the vehicle.

At that point, "old tech" cars will be perceived as having brake problems because their pads wear out in 10K-20K miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What kind of parts do you have? I will need a clutch the next 6 months or so, do you have the clutch or only the T/O and flywheel?
I have a 06 QP.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Come to think of it, the same thing will happen with brake pads once we are all driving hybrids or electric cars, because with regenerative braking the pads can last the life of the vehicle.

At that point, "old tech" cars will be perceived as having brake problems because their pads wear out in 10K-20K miles.
One interesting angle on electrics, though, like the Tesla, is that the wear items and service requirements could be a fraction of combustion engine vehicles. This is important on many levels - one is that the operating costs could end up being much, much lower, even if the effective "fuel" cost is higher, but one negative (or positive?) is that the shadow economy that services today's vehicles (how many car repair, oil change, and tire places are there where you live?) could potentially dry up. Fascinating to watch this transformational change...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I indicated "problem" for two reasons:

1) Your post said 06 and earlier. Seemed to omit 07's. Wan't sure what you meant there.

2) I have heard that 07's have a new T-O set-up and perhaps that was meant to cure a "problem" with the '05's and '06's.

That being said, is there any difference in durability or reliability in any component of the clutch system for an '07 vs other year duo-selects? Again, I've heard assertions from Maserati dealers that there is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of parts do you have? I will need a clutch the next 6 months or so, do you have the clutch or only the T/O and flywheel?
I have a 06 QP.
yes i only have the t/o bearing and flyweel, the new cluthes for the 06 are updated the fingers are different and are supposed to engage smother and last longer .. but i also have rear brakes when ever you need them...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I indicated "problem" for two reasons:

1) Your post said 06 and earlier. Seemed to omit 07's. Wan't sure what you meant there.

2) I have heard that 07's have a new T-O set-up and perhaps that was meant to cure a "problem" with the '05's and '06's.

That being said, is there any difference in durability or reliability in any component of the clutch system for an '07 vs other year duo-selects? Again, I've heard assertions from Maserati dealers that there is.
sorry my mistake, the 05 clutch is the only one that is different the 06 and 07 clutch are the same. all the T/o bearins are the same and are now updated you get the t/o bearing and the seals seperate they dont come together any more witch cost more, that was the only difference i was told by the engineers... loaded and unloaded was the only difference from the old style and new... Advise the get a longer clutch life and T/O life bleed your F1 system at least once a Year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 06 QP.
just the flywheel and T/O bearings as of now , all the new clutches have been updated with new forks.. heavier duty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts