Maserati Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The brake switch is telling the gearbox computer that your foot is on the brake, no signal and the safety mechanism prevents the car from going into gear.
Of course after just saying that I am not sure why the car would drive without a switch in it, were the brake lights on all the time with the switch out?
Don't know about the brake lights but I can switch into gear without applying the brake pedal with the switch out. Gonne replace the switch and see if that fully resolves the issue. Either way, without it in, I have not had the cc light come back on while driving - only after starting the car - but need more time to make this a definite.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update: Well, I replaced the brake switch - Kent at Universal Autosports tested it and found it was defective - looks like those of us in the tri-state area may have a very nice/qualified independent to work with. Been driving the car as much as possible and so far not even a blink from the light.

Kudo's to VT DMC for coming up with the suggestion to check this first. Thanks !! We should all note to check the brake switch if we start having CC light issues.

Taking her on a 600 mile roundtrip weekend getaway next weekend.:D

Time: Hours of searching, posting, thinking, tinkering, looking, test driving
Costs: OBDII scanner - $140 - needed a new one anyway. Switch $20. CHF Fluid to top off - $20

Avoiding diagnostics at FM. Priceless.
DIY education - Priceless.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ramp,
Thanks for the kind words. Good to here the issue seems to have been rectified. Looking forward to talking to you again. Thanks for the tip about Jeff at Formula Dynamics- Jeff we will be talking soon. Your car looks and sounds GREAT!! Enjoy it for once!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.