Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 2005 coupe gt was delivered today.

At about 38mph the MSP light comes on signaling that it is disabled. Pressing the MSP button does nothing...

I assume there must be an error with a sensor or something...anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've had this problem before. It used to come on when I hit the brakes on the highway. It was fixed by the dealer. Apparantly it has something to do with a faulty brake sensor.
You should take it in.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
There are two specific locations on two specific roads where the MSP will engage even though there is no slippage whatsoever, and regardless of which direction I'm traveling. The only thing I noticed is that *both* are very close to police stations/cell towers, so I was suspecting that some type of electrical interference was wigging out the MSP. Anything similar near where you were getting the MSP light? Nuclear plant? Giant ball of plasma?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing special, just 38 or 40 mph...

MSP is needed on this car, its too easy to get into trouble

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rick
Thats interesting. My last car did a similar thing. Whenever I drove a stretch of road near GCHQ in the UK (GCHQ is a UK Government security comms site) my msp light came on. Doesn't do it with my new car though. Odd!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
surfnirnava
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing