Maserati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Did mine as well. 600 for all 4. Yellow really pops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does look hella good! Were yours yellow before? My car is close to the color of yours, that would look so good on my GT :p
I have red now....

3,986 Posts
Timado, if you want to change your color then I can put you in touch with someone that does them pretty cheap compared to other folks..Friend of mine...The new trend is to paint them on the car and that is how he would do it...I personally don't do my own cars that way and take the caliper all apart and have it powdered coated, but folks do it the other way with good results...Jason

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Timado, if you want to change your color then I can put you in touch with someone that does them pretty cheap compared to other folks..Friend of mine...The new trend is to paint them on the car and that is how he would do it...I personally don't do my own cars that way and take the caliper all apart and have it powdered coated, but folks do it the other way with good results...Jason
I'm definitely interested... Thanks J

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did mine recently too. Yours look great!
CAMC28, Love that color!!! Question, how is the "Maserati" script done? Looking closely at mine, it doesn't seem to be a decal and there's no edge between that and the caliper paint. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you guys get these done "off the car"? meaning removed from the brake lines so the entire caliper would be sand blasted down to metal, then painted, then clear coated? My Ferrari indy guy said the "Cheap" shops just spray paint it on the car w/o disconnecting lines - said those jobs don't last and all his customers have complained after track days. He said that the "Real" way the only way to go to match factory specs. ?? I live in Nor-Cal - has anyone had this done in California?

3,986 Posts
Apparently, the new trend is to paint them right on the car with the line connected etc...I was like WTF when I first heard this and had to check with a few people to confirm it, but it is the norm now I think...I'm old school and want the things taken apart and powder coated...Car paint will bubble if you leave brake fluid on it for a bit and doesn't have what it takes for track days as far as heat...Jason

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great. I love black and yellow, so mine went from red to yellow. Logos stenciled like oem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks great. I love black and yellow, so mine went from red to yellow. Logos stenciled like oem.

really nice. yours weren’t all faded and ugly like mine but something about yellow behind a black wheel really pops different in my opinion

·
Registered
129 Posts
really nice. yours weren’t all faded and ugly like mine but something about yellow behind a black wheel really pops different in my opinion
Thanks. Yeah the reds were in excellent condition...I just don't like red.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Man i was thinking the exact same thing...those yellows behind my gloss black Neptune's, game over
lol

21 - 39 of 39 Posts