Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone excited about this one? Just revealed at the Detroit Auto show

After being less than impressed by my C6 better, the new one is getting a lot of acclaim. And this new Z06 looks to be a monster

Supercharged engine pushing at least 625 hp, 635 lb-ft torque. But looks like still manual option (yeah!) and auto option

What do you all think? I wouldn't trade in my GT MC for one but may make a fun car

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: Full Details, Live Photos And Videos

And

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1401_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_first_look/

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think the new corvette is just plain sexy....I think they finally got it right!!! since if you ask chevy if the corvette was made to compete with supercars, they would tell you yes.....Well know it has the sexy look of the exotic cars that it was missing.....IMO it looks kinda like a Ferrari now and I LOVE it!!! on the plus side there are Chevy dealerships EVERYWHERE, unlike Maserati where some owners have to travel over 300-400 miles just to take it to the dealer....which is why I am now so interested in this new Corvette!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just imagine a new bright red (or white) corvette with black rims pulling up with a heavy lope from the racing cam and the upgraded exhaust and the whine from the supercharger sounding like a strait monster, lowered with carbon fiber trim.....THAT WOULD BE SEXY AS HELL!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Absolute track MONSTER
get the Z07 package and it would be scary.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the new corvette is just plain sexy....I think they finally got it right!!! since if you ask chevy if the corvette was made to compete with supercars, they would tell you yes.....Well know it has the sexy look of the exotic cars that it was missing.....IMO it looks kinda like a Ferrari now and I LOVE it!!! on the plus side there are Chevy dealerships EVERYWHERE, unlike Maserati where some owners have to travel over 300-400 miles just to take it to the dealer....which is why I am now so interested in this new Corvette!!!
That's what I'm thinking too. I'd love to add a Ferrari to my garage but that'll make 3 cars I'll have to ship 300 miles to get service (GT MC, 911 GT3 RS, and then F car)

If I get the new C7 Z06, there's two Chevy dealers about 5 miles from me! Tough choices indeed!

But I am very excited about the Z06. I think what's swaying me is, Top Gear is notorious for bashing American cars and especially the Corvette. Their review of the new Corvette was, however, very very positive!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/chevrolet-corvette-stingray-first-drive-2013-08-19

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks like 10 designers with different ideas, worked on separate sections of the car.
Too busy looking. Curves, straight edges, bulges, nothing seems to flow.
Sidemarker lights look terrible. The hood has so many hard creases it takes on the look of a blimp.
Roof and rear are too similar to the Camaro. The Camaro has not grown on me. I still HATE the Camaro.
Needless to say, I'm waiting for the C8.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Chevy got themselves a winner with the new Vette, it is finally good looking enough to be cross-shopped with the higher end exotics. and as far as performance you really cant beat the bang for the buck ratio. So many beautiful Cars ,so little Garage space LOL

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like an amazing car! Somehow, I suspect it would not feel exotic enough to provide the smiles that we get from exotic cars. The performance is undeniable though.
You may have a point there. Why when it's out I'm definitely gonna have to test drive it! Suppose to come out early to mid 2015

·
Registered
810 Posts
The new Viper has it beat all day long in the looks department (for an American sports car).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new Viper has it beat all day long in the looks department (for an American sports car).
I have to disagree. New Viper looks like a mild update of the old one and I never liked the original Viper look. But looks are subjective.

·
Registered
219 Posts

I am confused....This has to be the BEST looking Corvette Chevy has made recently....and is the closest looking sports car to look like an exotic with a price tag less than $80K...This is the only year Corvette (due to its Ferrari exotic look that I have ever considered buying) (besides last years....But this one blows it out of the water in the styling and interior department)

The Viper is ok.....it looks like last years with some updated lights

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
I agree - it's also the first "new" Corvette I've considered buying. I often find Vette owners to be too closed-minded for my taste (I appreciate how much they enjoy their cars but they're blind to anything else and can't handle one iota of criticism about Vettes) so I probably wouldn't go to too many club meetings, but I guess I'd be buying for me, no one else.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree - it's also the first "new" Corvette I've considered buying. I often find Vette owners to be too closed-minded for my taste (I appreciate how much they enjoy their cars but they're blind to anything else and can't handle one iota of criticism about Vettes) so I probably wouldn't go to too many club meetings, but I guess I'd be buying for me, no one else.
Nicely put elambo. Too bad there are so many stereotypes for buyers of certain cars and brands. Vette guys, Mustang guys, Viper guy, Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge/MoPar. Why can't people buy cars that they just "like"?

I think IF I consider getting the new vette it'll have to be the Z06

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sat in a new C-7 today with the full leather package. Very nicely done. No more complaints about a cheap plastic interior for sure. Thinking about ordering a yellow Z51- 7 speed car until I saw the z06 pictures.Then again I have already owned a z06 and it really depends what you are going to do with the car. If it is strictly a weekend toy or track car I say go for it. If you are planning on driving the car daily or as a GT car I would think again.

Wife hated the z06. Loud, harsh ride and your feel every imperfection in the road. It was a beast but not fun in traffic, commuting or even a long road trip. Z51 with MagnaSelect and you are set for anything. If you can get a Z06 with the MagnaSelect you might have something.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Too bad there are so many stereotypes for buyers of certain cars and brands. Why can't people buy cars that they just "like"?
I totally agree with you. :thumbsup:

No judgment because you have this car or that car. As long as you are happy with what you have. We are car lovers!

Regarding the new Corvette: it has a bold styling, the front kind of looks like a Ferrari (nice), the rear does not agree yet with me. But at least it has a more exotic style compared with previous models (I owned a 1991 Corvette 20 years ago).

Corvettes are truly special when it comes to performances and costs. Incredible performances for a fraction of the price of exotic cars. Testing the new C7 would surely be a blast.

I guess the C7 will sell well... (and they are available anywhere in the country/dealerships).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sunshine I agree with what you said but I heard rumors that the new Z06 will cost North of $100k!

I know for the performance that is still a great value but my logical side just can't justify that cost for a Corvette. Hell, $30k more and you can get a barely used Ferrari F430. Yes the performance is less on the 430 but way more exclusive and prestigious

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'm with you. I would rather spend some more and get a Ferrari or Aston Martin (with additional prestige and truly magnificent designs). But that's for the Z06.

The "base" Corvette model is already a great sports car with fantastic performances, and a true bargain ("dirt cheap" compared to everything else).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts