Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hello and welcome,
not to discourage you, but 'wife' and 'traffic' and 'maserati' doesnt really go well together.
you can do a search in the forum.
i think aston matin db7 does come with AT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB7 but they drive very differently.
i would spend a little more money go for something newer with warranty, not an 02.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
new xk interior looks as neat as a 80's american rental car's interior.
the exterior is nothing british nor jaguar.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i was going to suggest an used bentley red label... kind of 'grand' to get stuck in traffic in a bentley. haha. new ones are $200k??? used ones are $80k?

but i guess it's not a convertible.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
QPIE003 said:
Whoa! That seems to be your opinion M!, and it is fine if it is. But the new Jag XK is a great vehicle - greatly improved over the outgoing model. Comparing the new Jag to 80's american rental car interior is borderline unqualified. The exterior was done by Ian Callum, the same who did the AM cars of recent. I dunno dude - those are serious credentials and seeing the car on the road it leaves an impression. Interior is well done - far better than any car of the big three in the US as of today. Usually I tend to agree with you, but this time no way!

As to Cambio in heavy city traffic: It can handle it, but I feel the same being stuck in traffic in Southwest Florida and South Florida from time to time, it is not a happy camper. On the open road - very different!
i usually agree with you and this time too.
it's interior is better than any car of the big three in the US as of today.
woohoo.

jaguar's competitors are now the big three?

god save the queen!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the design of the interior is 80's american rental car. does it even look anything like a jaguar??? the finish is way behind its german competitors (6er, CLS, 997) and most definitely maserati. i have sat in a few different colors of new XK and their finishes are plasticky. non of the grand british motoring feel.

you talk about the serious credentials of Ian Callum. yes, i love his DB9 and V8 vantage, but that's about his peak.

the XK is like a fat ugly sister that you do not want to date. you wonder if they are from the same parent. look closely, she's not even in the family. she got bastardized with a Range Rover side grill, and boldly in silver in the XKR. okay, the only good angle of her is at her butt. very e-type-ish but really, they are totally different proportions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.