Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very seriously considering buying an '02 Spyder CC this month. I have located a black '02 w/15k miles for $50k. The car is in another state, and I'm not sure how to get the clutch/F1 pump objectively evaluated, etc. The combination of year, money and color seems about right. The car will be my daily driver and will replace my black '05 BMW Z4 steptronic. I drive 50 miles a day in the Washington DC traffic--my previous 911 w/stick drove me crazy in the stop-and-go traffic here. My wife will drive the CC as well and can't drive stick. The other option I'm considering is a red '98 Ferrari 355F1 for $85k, but I'm concerned about the daily driving and much higher maintenance costs. While I love my Z4 I'm looking for something more exotic as a daily driver. Also I don't believe the older Astin Martins (which I'm also considering) come in automatics. I've had Porsches and Merz's which just haven't done it for me. As a newby here I'm looking for comments/suggestions before making this move.

Thanks!
-Preston

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would a later model Spyder cc, maybe the '04 w/warrantee remaining, be a better choice city traffic? My understanding is the trans shifts better in auto and paddle. Traffic here (DC) is not stop and go all the time but maybe 30%.
Don't want a Jag but am also looking at a '00 AM DB7 Vantage Volante V12 w/auto for $80k ish--beautiful car, but won't draw the attantion the Maser will ;-)

Thanks,
-Preston

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.