Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide an estimate for pads and rotors on a 2020 Gibli front and rear? ALso could use the cost for a one-year service as well (the second year owning the car)The estimate I just got is the gross national product of a small country. Thanks

·
Registered
801 Posts
Wow, a Ghibli is cheap to fix.
Just looked up the parts for a 4200 on Scuderia Parts and:
2 rotors Front $789.26 + 110.56 shipping
2 rotors Rear $438.92 + 53.96 shipping
4 pads Front $228.39 + 25.97 shipping
4 pads Rear $542.52 + 23.93 shipping
4 shoes Rear $486.40 + 82.89 shipping
So, without fluid or labor, a brake job on my Spyder GT is $2782.80 for parts only.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What surprises me (even if it was tracked a few times) is how could a 2 year old Ghibli possibly require rotor replacement already? If a dealer told you this, I would recommend a second opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I had my SQ4 for 3 years from the lot, I changed rotors and pads twice for both front and rear. Tires are like candies. I think I went through 3 sets for front and 2 sets for rear in 3 years and 25,000 miles. I did not track the car or anything...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Few places in the US will turn rotors anymore, a liability issue .
Most mechanics insist on replacing the rotors.
This shouldn't be and isn't a question of resurfacing rotors (another discussion entirely) but of service writers shaking whatever additional cash they can from the uninformed by automatically recommending rotor replacement with pad replacement. I'm not against dealers or dealer service, just wary of some routine practices. As OP inquired, replacing pads and rotors can be expensive especially if labor also performed by dealer service, so why not pay for and replace only what is necessary? If the rotors are still in spec (not worn past the required thickness, warped, grooved or otherwise compromised), then properly bed in a fresh set of pads and enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts