Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 gransport now with a battery problem; anyone know the equivalent replacement group of the original FIAMM ???

·
Registered
660 Posts
Go for the Optima, it should be the same as the one fitted in the Coupe. Has plenty of CCA to give you smooth cranking even in the cold. I now have a "Red Top" installed and starting could not be smoother.

Ref. is Optima Red Top RT S 4.2 R (the R is for REVERSED POLARITY). Battery is in Group 34 (just in case you wish to consider other options)

Hope this helps.

Ed

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
electrical problems

voltmeter on dash reading 11 volts; hope its just the battery because another trip to the dealer would be just too many;

any easy way to locate a group 34R battery? no one has it in stock

in general, have others had many problems with 05 granspsorts? Mine has been to dealer about 6 times in two years....

·
Registered
660 Posts
tonyswfla said:
voltmeter on dash reading 11 volts; hope its just the battery because another trip to the dealer would be just too many;

any easy way to locate a group 34R battery? no one has it in stock

in general, have others had many problems with 05 granspsorts? Mine has been to dealer about 6 times in two years....
With 11V you have not enough juice for ignition. Interesting you cannot get in hold of one; in the UK I received mine (US imported) in 24 hours. Someone should have it on stock there.

Alternatively go for an Interstate; as good as Optimas.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Battery Solution

Called the FM dealer and they said they use Interstate Batteries. Went to my local Interstate Dealer and had them order one for me. Part MTMX5, American Tire did not charge me to install it. After 20 minutes, all set. Total cost with tax was $106.95.

The tech followed the instructions in the manual. Keep the car unlocked with the alarm off and trunk open. LOWER the windows. Turn the power knob to off. Remove the battery from the chassis, then unhook negative, then positive terminals. Install new battery with vent kit. Turn power back on. Turn key to MAR position (just before it turns over) for 30 seconds to let the electronics update and you are finished. Car starts right up.

CM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts