Maserati Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
549 Posts
Great idea, I'll have to get a Granturismo badge for mine. The Maserati sticker looks kinda cheap
Can it be pulled off the old unit maybe? nvrm I see it's way different on the OEM unit...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Bodrumlu,
Thank you for your post, I have ordered one from the same supplier last week and it is getting shipped today.

How are you getting on with the unit?

Please can you tell me does it use the same mic as the original car one, or is it a separate mic? The reason I ask is a bought a Chinese head unit for my T5 about 5 years ago and the mic they supplied is awful and virtually unusable unless it's slow traffic.

What's the FM reception like? As it has a built in FM aerial and no DAB.

How do you connect your phone to it? Is it Bluetooth and you select Bluetooth if you want to listen to music via your phone?

How is the sat Nav ? Did you use the supplied chunky GPS adaptor or did you buy an adaptor to use the original GPS aerial? Is the Sat Nav any good. I've used Google maps on my phone for years, is this on the head unit?

What is the 4g antenna for?

Is it a plug and play job once you get the dash apart?

Sorry for all the questions but it would really help me get upto speed with it.

Thanks Adam (from the UK)

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It doesng have a seperate mic but in my convertible i can use handsfree. Its not the best but ok.
FM reception is good but i dont listen often radio. I almost only use carplay wich is funktioning perfect. Sound is really good and connects automaticly when i get in the car. Yiu also can listen over bluetooth wich is also very good. The 4g antenna is for the sim card you could put in the unit. Then it would have his own internet. The unit is very stable and i am very satisfied wiith it. You will not regret your purchase. I have used an adapter to use the original gps car antenna.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts
Hi,

bought from alibaba an android system for my maserati.Didnt build it yet in my car but seems pretty impressive. It has an octacore processor, 4 gb ram,64 gb storage, dsp, internal 4g modem. Its responding pretty quick and it has a larger screen as the aucar units.
I have not seen this but I did see one similar to this which moves the buttons to the bottom to allow for a larger screen.

Car Vehicle Radio Satellite radio Steering part

But also the new instrument cluster seems to be all the rage.

Light Speedometer Gauge Screenshot Font

·
Registered
126 Posts
that new design headunit looks pretty good, I want to see pictures of it on a actual car and not just those stand ins! I have been following up on that lcd gauge cluster from the fb group. I like the idea but looking a the videos that have been released I think it still needs some UI enhancements at minimum as the graphics and font etc look goofy and for how large the screen realestate is , it doesnt look like it displays much in all the wasted space.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
521 Posts
that new design headunit looks pretty good, I want to see pictures of it on a actual car and not just those stand ins! I have been following up on that lcd gauge cluster from the fb group. I like the idea but looking a the videos that have been released I think it still needs some UI enhancements at minimum as the graphics and font etc look goofy and for how large the screen realestate is , it doesnt look like it displays much in all the wasted space.
I take it back, I just looked at the videos. Style has a t-shirt icon - honestly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Bodrumlu,
Thank you for your replies. When I asked the supplier they said I couldn't use the adapter on the GPS antenna so suspected the original one was amplified and may cause damage to head unit but maybe they just don't have the adapters and is easier to say they don't work than to get some in for me? If you say you can use an adaptor and it works I'll buy one from Amazon as it will be alot neater.

Please can you tell me did you fit a reversing camera? And was this difficult to reroute?

Regards
Adam

·
Registered
633 Posts
I really like those physical knobs. Since my aucar gen1, my steering wheel buttons stopped working, and that awful "softbutton" is just really awful. Also, kinda cool that they moved the buttons on the left to get some more screen room. My sport button is all worn off anyhow lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
My head unit has arrived and it's going to look great against my piano black trim (the Aircon will look dated but can't justify the upgrade yet.
There is no instructions yet but I'll message them.
Here's all the bits.
From the top left
Head unit
Maybe 4g antenna
Power lead

On the bottom from left to right
GPS antenna
Not sure maybe SIM card.
Adaptor for car FM to stereo?
Video in I presume for rear camera.
Don't knowand don't know where it connects?
Don't know but it's a USB
Don't know but again it's USB

There is also a rear view camera which was a gift but it looks a bit clunky, so may look for a neater one.

If anyone's fitted one of these and can confirm and add any additional info to the connections I would be grateful

·
Registered
633 Posts
My head unit has arrived and it's going to look great against my piano black trim (the Aircon will look dated but can't justify the upgrade yet.
There is no instructions yet but I'll message them.
Here's all the bits.
From the top left
Head unit
Maybe 4g antenna
Power lead

On the bottom from left to right
GPS antenna
Not sure maybe SIM card.
Adaptor for car FM to stereo?
Video in I presume for rear camera.
Don't knowand don't know where it connects?
Don't know but it's a USB
Don't know but again it's USB

There is also a rear view camera which was a gift but it looks a bit clunky, so may look for a neater one.

If anyone's fitted one of these and can confirm and add any additional info to the connections I would be grateful

does yours have the knobs? Pictures please?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
As you can see, no knobs, but I'm going my wheel controls all work the same, so can select source volume etc.

I believe it has a sim card slot but why do I need it, I presume my phone just connects on Bluetooth?

·
Registered
633 Posts
As you can see, no knobs, but I'm going my wheel controls all work the same, so can select source volume etc.

I believe it has a sim card slot but why do I need it, I presume my phone just connects on Bluetooth?

My steering wheel controls stopped working after I installed the Aucar android Gen1 - and had to reset the android to OE settings. Then..it worked every OTHER drive. Eric @ aucar said reset it again...then it worked 0%. Oh well...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts