Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Crap! This car is hot! only 99 coming to the states at a sticker of 210K? Anyone know more? I WANT one! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
check out the latest european car magazine :)

4.7 liter, 450 horses, supposely out run F430 both straight and corner. I guess that's okey since F460 is coming out? :)

jess

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe all US production is sold.

Price came a bit higher than many expected. This is what Maser should have put out and not the Gran Turismo (IMHO).

-dsd

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dude, where you been? That Oki air must be messin' you up! ;)

The 8C is awesome! Wanna know why? Because Fiat transferred our beloved coupe design to Alfa, then screwed up the Maser marque. Maybe they realized the car they were selling was WAY under priced for what it is. The Alfa has the SAME MOTOR! Pisser. BTW.. The proto Ferrari Dino looks a LOT like the 8C. Our cars aren't dead... Just transformed into higher priced exotics.... Good news is, when 8C's and Dino's become popular, people will think we'e driving them :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok

Yo Buzz whats up? Set up camp in OK now. Will be back in TX next year. Bought a marina here and doing some renovations and selling some houses this fall. I LOVE the Alfa.. what a cool car. I knew it was stolen from us. If the new coupes looked like that I would have one. Still cant replace mine.

Anyone have pics of the 460?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
yes, where have you been? if you really want one you can pay extra $ to get one...

the 8c prototype dated from 2003.. they announced production last year. CAR (as well as many international car magazines) had a very good cover of it a few months ago.

i am not disapointed that it is an alfa and not a maserati. i m happy it is made, instead of just a prototype. just too bad the designer is not with alfa anymore.

i don't think it was stolen from maserati - the 8C (prototype from 2003) was a dedicated project - to reintroduce the Alfa brand back to the US. There weren't anything from Maserati at the time, or even now, in that bracket (Carbon Fibre Gransport??). To make the 8C happen, FIAT just took parts from the GS and engineered it from there to save some R&D.

What was stolen was the maserati prototype that supposedly ended up as a dino.

just in the news again is the possible Dino prototype.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070815.003/ferrari-dino-599-test-mule-spy-photos

it is certainly more profitable selling Ferrari's than Maserati's, so why not use up maserati's assembly line to do the job?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts