Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2002 CC Spyder in Colorado last weekend and drove it home to California.

What a GREAT automobile. Went from Grand Junction to Carson City @ 20 MPG and average speed of 81. Gotta love those empty Nevada and Utah highways.

One weird thing. I tightened the gas cap "finger tight" at the first refill and had a HELL of a time getting the cap off at the next stop. Almost seemed as if there was a vaccuum that had sucked the seal tighter. Anyone else notice this or it it just me?

On the way home - Black Dragon Canyon, Utah

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Great looking car and awesome background for the photo. Congrats on the new car and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome all, and Andrew thanks for the admin.

haha - make me an offer 8^)>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gorgeous car, congrats!

·
Registered
681 Posts
For some reason I had the same problem with my gas cap. It wouldn't happen often but sometimes it was next to impossible to get it off. I remember on one trip from Texas-Oklahoma, when I stopped at the gas station we spent nearly 10 minutes getting it off. Very weird. Mine is also an 02 C.C. Spyder if it makes a difference to anyone.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and it doesn't help that there's not much tolerance between the body and the cap - no room to get your fingers in for leverage.

finally wound up wrapping the cap in a chamois and using the channel locks to get it started

been very careful to leave a little play when tightening it since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts