Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is apparently a "smaller' version of the 599, is not the new Dino, but will be cheaper than the 599/612 and 430.

It will feature the superfast F1 transmission.

There are pictures of it in some magazines here in Europe. I was too cheap to buy a copy because I'm now saving up.

They said they want to compete the with Aston Martin and high end Mercedes market for 2+2's, rather than the usual hard core Ferrari market, but for someone who appreciates their racing heritage.

To be honest, it sounds like a replacement to the outgoing Maserati Coupe, and with all the things we'd like (yes, 450BHP, F1 etc.)

Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spy pics, there are better pics of a red car out there:

The model code name is F-149 and the model designation is likely to be "F430 GT California".

·
Registered
722 Posts
Interesting that a recent Autoweek flat-out said that Ferrari got the design for the new Maser coupe/spyder as part of the divorce settlement. Hence Maserati has instead quickly designed a shortened QP, tuned for the mass market, to keep the cash flow going. Not that I wouldn't like to have one though!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
yes, it does sound like what maserati was working on a few years ago... but their marketing is probably right.. just shortening the QP and turn it into a coupe will also attract a few buyers. and the remaining empty production line in maserati can be offered to Ferrari for an entry model and sell for more...

would be interesting to see what they come up with.
they already have the QP / GT and 8c platform they can use in that range of engine, layout, and output, and just tune it as a ferrari.
not sure how much is from 599... may be just the superfast transmission? wonder if the suspension is migrating to this car.
as for the name, "F430 GT California" would be very confusing. it is not a F430 at all...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like my rx8 from the front just more poke i'd hope

Loz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts