1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
They look nice, not sure about the torque (27 or 37). Probably a misprint.

This will definitely work, but my worry is the sound frequency in the cabin.

Jeff, do you have a video or sound clip for the system both inside and outside?

Would like to know more since I use my GS as a DD.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What'll be the difference of the sport & de-cat versions?
Keep it coming
They are the same base part with the difference that one has catalytic converters and the other will not. HP and Torque will be very similar between the two. however I do not have a solid # yet for the De-Cat version. The Cat Version should be a bit quieter over the De-Cat because the cats do act a bit as a muffler as well.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look nice, not sure about the torque (27 or 37). Probably a misprint.

This will definitely work, but my worry is the sound frequency in the cabin.

Jeff, do you have a video or sound clip for the system both inside and outside?

Would like to know more since I use my GS as a DD.

Thanks,
It's +37 ft/lbs torque. I'll need to update that.

Regarding the sound, we'll most likely have some video out shortly. We've just sold a few sets and hope to have some customer reviews up in a few weeks. I'll be bolting on each set for test fitment next week.

For those of you interested in the new Larini Centre pipe. I now have a test model in hand and should be able to report back later this week to see how much of a noise reduction we get over the Larini X-Pipe. I've been told by the factory that the combination of the Larini Sport Cats and the new "Centre" pipe sound amazing and are still very streetable.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just got to say that the Sport Wheel Spacers are amazing. They really enhance the curb appeal of the car tremendously. Just standing in front of the car you notice it immediately.

This is one area that I've always felt was missing from Maserati. Only the German cars seem to get the wheel gap down from the factory, but now you can have it with your Maserati as well.

We also have a set for the QP that will be out shortly and the GranTurismo.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've just got to say that the Sport Wheel Spacers are amazing. They really enhance the curb appeal of the car tremendously. Just standing in front of the car you notice it immediately.

This is one area that I've always felt was missing from Maserati. Only the German cars seem to get the wheel gap down from the factory, but now you can have it with your Maserati as well.

We also have a set for the QP that will be out shortly and the GranTurismo.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff
Jeff,

Can you post a few pics to illustrate the point (perhaps the same car with and without the spacers)?

I take it the spacers are designed/specc'ed to space out the OEM wheels perfectly but may not be suitable for after-market or custom wheels?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like my pipes are coming here this coming week! My fingers are itching to turn the wrenches!

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maserati Wheel Spacer Kit

Jeff,

Can you post a few pics to illustrate the point (perhaps the same car with and without the spacers)?

I take it the spacers are designed/specc'ed to space out the OEM wheels perfectly but may not be suitable for after-market or custom wheels?
Compare these Stock Photos...

With these Spacer Photos...

As you can see there is a big difference!

It is true that we designed the setup to work with the stock wheels. However if you have an aftermarket wheel that needs some spacing the kit should also work.

In fact we will produce custom sized spacers as well, if needed.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
jeff, is the GS lowered in that picture with the spacers?
any problems with rubbing if the car is lowered by 0.75" and spacers?

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, the GS was lowered about 1.25". No rubbing problems with 15mm spacers, 25mm spacers should work on the rear as well.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Jeff - just to be clear.....so, I think you're saying that the pics are showing 15mm spacers front & rear (and not 25mm rear)?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Jeff,

Are you doing anything with the pre cats?

Also, do have a 02 sensor solution for the cat-out set up?

Buzz

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeff - just to be clear.....so, I think you're saying that the pics are showing 15mm spacers front & rear (and not 25mm rear)?
The car pictures has +30mm spacers in the rear. However when lowered it does occasionally rub.

We can produce +15mm, +25mm or +30mm.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeff,

Are you doing anything with the pre cats?

Also, do have a 02 sensor solution for the cat-out set up?

Buzz
Buzz,

The precats are integrated into the headers and so you'll need to replace the headers (which Larini is working on ) or hollow out the pre cats which may or may not be legal in your area and run a new set of cats down the line.

We have had customers hollow out the precats from the factory when they failed and have installed either a set of (2) Sport Cats $850 or (4) Sport Cats $1700. No CEL and a big performance increase.

There should not be a problem with the 02 sensors so long as there is one before the first cat and one after the first cat. If you run a decat, it should only remove one set of cats... you need to have at least one set functioning.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.