Maserati Forum banner

161 - 180 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Robin, I do think the company should come to a resolution on the supposed new fix for the G1 units before a G2 group buy is finalized.

My concern is the G2 group buy goes through and they can’t deliver a fix for the G1s and we are stuck doing a return of the G1 and purchase of the G2 at a worse price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I hear your concern however there are many ready to buy now (not only on this forum). There will be more group buys and those who decide to return for refund if a fix is not found I am sure they can negotiate group buy price.
I don't have a problem with negotiating for people.

·
Registered
2009 Maserati Granturismo 4.2L
6 Posts
I was told by Emma that the price of gen 2 was $1399 US. Looking forward to the group buy price. Robin, could you also negotiate group buy pricing for front camera, rear camera, OBD dongle etc like you had done before for gen 1?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear your concern however there are many ready to buy now (not only on this forum). There will be more group buys and those who decide to return for refund if a fix is not found I am sure they can negotiate group buy price.
I don't have a problem with negotiating for people.
Hi Robin,
I’m ready to buy the Gen2 group buy!
PLEASE Whenever you have info let me know!
Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It is pure BS about the old units.
They are doing nothing to help

Anyone looking to buy a new unit, needs to be aware that the old unit has issues.
Seems 1 out of every 10 is happy, so the stats ain't good and I question if the ones that say they are okay are just looking past the noise.

Fix your G1 unit before moving to a G2, typical company.
Rush it out, don't test, let the consumer test it. give feedback to get the next on right.

Curious out of all the G1 units, how many other than the guy pushing them is happy?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
It is pure BS about the old units.
They are doing nothing to help

Anyone looking to buy a new unit, needs to be aware that the old unit has issues.
Seems 1 out of every 10 is happy, so the stats ain't good and I question if the ones that say they are okay are just looking past the noise.

Fix your G1 unit before moving to a G2, typical company.
Rush it out, don't test, let the consumer test it. give feedback to get the next on right.

Curious out of all the G1 units, how many other than the guy pushing them is happy?
They are doing nothing to help?????? Jesus Fing Christ Dave, I told you just need to return it a hundred times but you said its better than the old unit and here you are bashing it over and over again. It came out a YEAR AGO not a new item, RETURN IT, put your stock radio back in and MOVE ON, Its a no brainer!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dude, stop your cursing and cap letters.
Your digging yourself deeper.
I am far from stupid and probably have more brains than most!

First, I paid to install this, so I would lose that.
Second, I reached out to them and they said they fixed the 10 bad ones and that was it, so I was SOL.
Third, I am not mailing my unit out and hoping some guy decides to mail me a new one. They should send me a new one with a return label and I will send this one back.

No, they aren't handling it right and buyer beware. As you can see our local rep has lost his cool because he makes money and gets free units, so of course he ain't happy if we bash it. But bottomline if you bought a G1 unit you are on your own and like I said, thank you for testing it for the dishonest Chinese that created it

I bought 2 things from them, radio which has issues, OBD tester which almost fried my dash. It's Chinese crap!

Personally, I am no longer buying anything from CHINA!!! They gave us a virus and every dollar we save buying from them we have blown in the virus!

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
OK Dave...enough is enough. Robin is NOT a rep for the company in China and he doesn't make money from them. Those assertions are outright lies. He received the Gen 2 unit because he took the time to work with members of the forum on a group buy. I've received outstanding support from Emma and Eric in China and I've actually spoken on the phone with Emma. Perhaps it's your crappy, negative attitude that's creating the friction. Now you've started another thread in an effort to further soil the company's reputation.

We get it...you don't like the unit. Like Robin said, take it out, send it back and get a refund. Then you can have the crappy stock unit installed back into your car and you can look for something else. Stuff happens. Give it a break.

By the way, you'll continue to buy things from China. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Robin , again I appreciate all your help. I have tried Emma several times , Eric has also let me know she would be calling yet still no communication with her.
I'm interested in a new unit as I'm experiencing several issues with the current one. The issues were from day one and like I previously mentioned i has the unit professionally installed so ill need to deal with that to get a new one installed.
I would hope she would consider it equitable to change out the units as they retail for around same price and the first one was faulty. Has anyone received any positive feedback on where she is with this?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Robin , again I appreciate all your help. I have tried Emma several times , Eric has also let me know she would be calling yet still no communication with her.
I'm interested in a new unit as I'm experiencing several issues with the current one. The issues were from day one and like I previously mentioned i has the unit professionally installed so ill need to deal with that to get a new one installed.
I would hope she would consider it equitable to change out the units as they retail for around same price and the first one was faulty. Has anyone received any positive feedback on where she is with this?
Here is what I'm getting so far. Still nothing actionable. I'm still holding out hope they help those who got a bad product.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So they still think they can make a fix?
A fix to existing the unit would be the best solution in my view.
Hopefully a software fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you think this Hotspot would work with the Gen1 AuCar or just get a cheap Samsung/LG
Phone?

Verizon - Jetpack MiFi 8800L 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - Gray

A vibrant 2.4-inch touch screen offers more features and on-screen help for a better user experience, while a 4400-mAh battery gives you all-day power for surfing the web without a midday recharge. This Verizon Jetpack MiFi mobile hotspot connects up to 15 clients in 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz bands simultaneously, for improved link quality.
I was able to connect my iPhone hotspot to the unit using the usb connection -it’s not optimal but could be better than spending money on another device with monthly connection fee. Just need to start your iPhone hotspot, connect your phone to usb and authorize the connection on your phone.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I was able to connect my iPhone hotspot to the unit using the usb connection -it’s not optimal but could be better than spending money on another device with monthly connection fee. Just need to start your iPhone hotspot, connect your phone to usb and authorize the connection on your phone.
I connect via iPhone (6) hotspot without any usb connection.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey folks, quick update:
1) The $600 is in addition (shipping of new unit included) to the original Gen 1 cost. You will have to ship back your Gen 1 unit and you will not get money back. I'm sure it's mainly a cost coverage but it seems a bit high considering the price they charge for all of their other units.
2) They believe they've found a fix for Gen 1 but it isn't ready quite yet and it sounds like it will be a hardware fix. I'm guessing they are doing some kind of ground loop isolation or something but that's just a guess. If that's the case, you'll need to pull the dash and swap the wiring harness. I'm not sure if there will be any charge. I would hope not.

I elected to pay the extra $600. They sent me an invoice via PayPal. Emma said they'd ship it next week.

They only have matte black right now. I think that will look good with the rest of the matte black in my car.

The way I'm looking at this is:
1) I really want a new head unit.
2) I knew I was taking a risk on a small company based in another country.
3) I'm not thrilled with the process or solution but Emma has been great when I can get her live (10 pm CT).
4) I learned a lot and got to do a project that I never thought I'd pull off. A big thank you to Robin for his videos showing me step by step what to do.
5) If in the end I have a unit that sounds and looks good, for what I'm out at the moment, I'll be pretty happy.
6) If, God forbid, this unit is a problem too, I'll put the original back in, suck it up, and never purchase from anyone other than a retailer like Amazon or Best Buy who will 100% protect me!

I do think these folks came up with a cool solution to a very niche problem. It's also for a car that is now discontinued! I hope they make a lot of people happy and make a bit of money in the process.

Good luck to everyone! I'll let you know how the new one works out!

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
127 Posts
Robin, In your video you stated that there were a few things that were not working, that is the temperature to Fahrenheit , etc. Has those been resolved?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Robin,
I may have missed it, but in the Gen2 is the hotspot frequency problem fixed to match the 2.4 frequency of most of our cell phones?
Thanks for everything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum. In regard to this Gen2 interface. Is it pretty much a plug and play replacement, or does it require a good amount of wiring/electronic knowledge ? Also, I realize it is an android platform, but can u run an iPhone on it. Thanks. A question for Robin. When are going to get a group buy going ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum. In regard to this Gen2 interface. Is it pretty much a plug and play replacement, or does it require a good amount of wiring/electronic knowledge ? Also, I realize it is an android platform, but can u run an iPhone on it. Thanks. A question for Robin. When are going to get a group buy going ? Thanks
Hey Boz, please email me @ [email protected]

161 - 180 of 230 Posts