Maserati Forum banner

141 - 160 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I cant seem to get any one to reply to me. I've tried all the original emails that I got from Emma when buying and they are bouncing back saying the email is full.
I tried the whats app number as posted and since last Thursday have had no reply.
Let me know if anyone talks to Emma after this post and let me know how you did so I can contact her.
Thanks
You have to contact through whatsapp... Basically texting direct.. Not email

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here is the Whats App number Robin Posted on page 2 of this thread: +86 186 6536 8551

In case anyone is digging around for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I have texted Emma twice now on whats app and no reply.
If anyone hears from her let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Early Friday morning and again early this morning. I understand the time difference. But thought I should have heard from her by now

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, She hasn't read it yet. That what has me worried as she hasn't done that yet. I double checked the number and it was correct

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm waiting to hear back as well. I got replies right away last week but since bringing up the topic of exchange, not much feedback. I can see the message was read so I'll give it a day or so and try again. Otherwise I'll just return for refund and jump onto the Gen2 group buy.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
She does take days off and doesn't usually work weekends in my
communication. But always gets back to me. She will respond guys.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got the same message from Emma about a possible fix.

Some people are experiencing noise and others aren't. It makes me wonder if the noise could be generated from the alternator. The head unit manufacturing should have been fairly consistent assuming they didn't switch parts suppliers mid-stream. Emma stated the ratio of no-noise to noise is 18:1.

The issue could point to power quality, noise riding the mains. Back in the day, I routinely installed noise filters on my head units because of alternator noise, that or filters on the antenna....just a thought
What exactly is a head unit noise filter? Can you link to something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems like the 2nd gen unit is on their store now, what reversing camera fits? seems to be 2 different ones for 15 dollars, which seems a bit cheap....what do you guys with reversing cams recommend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What exactly is a head unit noise filter? Can you link to something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitro

Here is a link to one

You can find them at Crutchfield also.

As I mentioned, back in the day (we're talking 70's and 80's), we'd get all sorts of noises that would come through the after market head units and amps. Back then, the buzzing noises followed the RPMs of the motors. It was infuriating. We'd install one of these filters and the noise went away. When I heard about the noise issues, I bought one...just because.

With modern electronics, I'm sure the filtering of the power supplies are much better but, if your masser has an alternator or voltage regulator that is about to become suspect or maybe an iffy ground, I wonder if that may be a contributor to the noise.

That typed, I haven't installed mine yet. I want to hear what the possible 'fix' is before I commit to the install. I might just opt for the Gen 2 unit. Haven't decided yet.

Oh, for those waiting to hear from Emma, I texted her last Friday and she got in touch with me early this morning (overnight actually).

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Got this (WhatsApp) message last night, 11:30 PM central: “Got an update from engineering team today they mentioned they might have found a way to fix the old unit noise issue. Would you wait a bit till we confirm on the fix?”

My reply: No problem

My noise issue is present without the engine running so I’m not seeing an alternator issue. As for a dirty ground, why wouldn’t it have been there with the old unit? Did everyone’s Mas suddenly have a grounding issue?

Everyone’s just trying to help but I’m not sure an old school fix is the answer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got a whatsapp text from Emma,
I am sending my unit back for a full refund and I'm going to purchase a gen2 carbon face plate.
Robin are you going to be arranging a second group buy? She gave me a price of $1500 for gen2, she said it is a little more money then the gen1.
Listening to Robins video its worth the extra as I love the look once in and it sounds like they have resolved the issues.

Cheers

·
Registered
78 Posts
On a serious note, those who do not want the new version and just want your money back I would recommend the Naviplus system version 5.5. You can get your full refund and install the Naviplus system and use andriod auto or apple carplay. cost is $900-$1000 and you can use your reverse cam if already installed. Been out a long time and has been updated many times.
Do you think this Hotspot would work with the Gen1 AuCar or just get a cheap Samsung/LG
Phone?

Verizon - Jetpack MiFi 8800L 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - Gray

A vibrant 2.4-inch touch screen offers more features and on-screen help for a better user experience, while a 4400-mAh battery gives you all-day power for surfing the web without a midday recharge. This Verizon Jetpack MiFi mobile hotspot connects up to 15 clients in 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz bands simultaneously, for improved link quality.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got a whatsapp text from Emma,
I am sending my unit back for a full refund and I'm going to purchase a gen2 carbon face plate.
Robin are you going to be arranging a second group buy? She gave me a price of $1500 for gen2, she said it is a little more money then the gen1.
Listening to Robins video its worth the extra as I love the look once in and it sounds like they have resolved the issues.

Cheers
I thought I saw $1300 somewhere for the Gen2 group buy. That would be what I would expect since it was $1000 for the Gen1 group buy.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I will be putting the group buy together in the next 48 hours. We are finalizing the group buy price and all transactions will be through PayPal straight to them.

141 - 160 of 230 Posts