Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GROUP BUY COMING IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS!!
Here is the New 2nd Gen AuCar 9" DSP Android head unit running Android 10.
Features:
DSP chip (Digital Sound Processor)
16 band EQ
Android 10
Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
New Radio design, able to select region
4G RAM/64G ROM
PX6 Hexa-Core
5.0 Bluetooth HD sound quality
Quick boot with sleep mode
And more...

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Features:
16 band EQ
Android 10
4G RAM/64G ROM
PX6 Hexa-Core
And more...

What is the deference from the 1st Gen?

·
Registered
14 Posts
GROUP BUY COMING IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS!!
Features:
16 band EQ
Android 10
4G RAM/64G ROM
PX6 Hexa-Core
And more...

So another $1300 for this head unit? What about all of us who bought the previous 8.1 unit that has constant noise and sounds like crap? When you ask them what’s the soul it ion they simply don’t reply. Great concept but honestly first gen buyers including myself really got the shaft. Since you have a close relationship with them maybe you could ask them to work something out for people who bought the first generation.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Great job as always Robin. I'm not having any issues with my Gen 1 unit, so purchasing the Gen 2 unit is not in the cards for me, unless the seller provides a discount for Gen 1 buyers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just tried to email Emma and it just bounced back
Just to ask if there is a way to exchange my first generation that I haven't taken out of the box yet.

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte S
85 Posts
Is there anything for the Quattroporte? I have a 2013 and have been looking at a few options for upgrading the infotainment.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I would like know what they will do for Gen1 buyers with noise and regional reception issues?

Reactions: skydive1989

·
Registered
89 Posts
I sure hope they don't hose the gen 1 people. I did a road trip this weekend and took a bluetooth speaker. The sound from gen 1 is unbearable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I totally agree i too have the first gen and was wondering the same robin can you help us out pal
So many issues with first gen. Processor noises, static noises, Bluetooth and CarPlay unusable since no one can hear a word you are saying, zlink app doesn’t connect (yes wired) to iPhone, dvr can I got from them works whenever it feels like it. When you are selling a cheap, at best android head unit for $1300 you should probably make sure everything works. Been messaging them since I installed it in November with not much more then a “working on it”. Now we are all expected to shell out another $1300 for the same exact unit with an updated px6 board? They really should consider a resolution for the customers who already shelled out for the first gen.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know some of you guys are not happy with the !st Gen but a lot of us have not had the problems. I will talk to Emma (via Whatsapp) and see what can be done. The first head unit came out last summer and the 2nd Gen development started just a couple months ago.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So many issues with first gen. Processor noises, static noises, Bluetooth and CarPlay unusable since no one can hear a word you are saying, zlink app doesn’t connect (yes wired) to iPhone, dvr can I got from them works whenever it feels like it. When you are selling a cheap, at best android head unit for $1300 you should probably make sure everything works. Been messaging them since I installed it in November with not much more then a “working on it”. Now we are all expected to shell out another $1300 for the same exact unit with an updated px6 board? They really should consider a resolution for the customers who already shelled out for the first gen.
I agree with you on a fix, I will see what I can do, It is not the same unit at all, Completely different hardware, software, casing is different, even the frames are different. Also all the wiring is completely different. The DSP chip is the main difference. lots of videos on dsp vs non dsp.

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
154 Posts
Hey thanks for getting back with us i to sent her a message and no response as yet but there is a time difference so i have to give them some time hope for the best

·
Registered
24 Posts
Robin,

Like others, I've held off on installing my 1st gen. I'm not sure I want to spend the labor to install the unit just to find out I'm experiencing the same noise issues everyone else is. I would very much like to exchange mine for the gen 2 unit even if there is some restocking fee and shipping involved.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree with you on a fix, I will see what I can do, It is not the same unit at all, Completely different hardware, software, casing is different, even the frames are different. Also all the wiring is completely different. The DSP chip is the main difference. lots of videos on dsp vs non dsp.
Thanks as always Robin! Let's hope they are able to set something up for the 1st gen owners with issue.

Also, I really like this new matte black bezel. Gives the unit a more refined look and blends in pretty well with the HVAC controls.

Did the unit you have start off with matte black for the button area as well or was it silver? I wonder what would be better for those looking to paint the button strip to match the HVAC control frame.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts