Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 CC convertible with 700 miles showing. Beautiful car in many ways. I'm concerned with the clutch and the way the car shifts. I bought the car from a Porsche dealership and they didn't seem to have anyone with Mas experience. I'm going to schedule an appointment with FM of Beverly Hill, Ca. sometime next week. Anyone have any experience with that dealership?
I come from a Porsche background and have never driven a Maser before. I don't know what is normal and what isn't. CD player skips badly, speedo doesn't go to 0, but is stuck @ 20mph. I think I am happy?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome

Your new prhase of the day is "does your car...?.". It is a beautiful car, great engine, fun to drive, but it is not a Porsche and there are some quirks. Just take a look at the forum. I came from the Porsche side too.

The speedo does start at 20. If you look at it you will see the pin that stops the needle at 20. You would think that it would be pinned at 0 like every other car, but just one of those quirks. The tranmission takes some practice to operate it properly and to get comfortable with it, you just have to play with it. This board has dozens of posts regarding the transmission and everyone has there favorite way of shifting, lightly let up on the pedal, hold the pedal constant, accelerate, etc. There are various software updates that change the way the tranmission operates. Ask the dealer to check the software version to make sure it's up to date. I have had constant problems with the CD changer. Half the time it says that there are no cd's in changer when it's fully loaded. The dealer has ordered a new changer for me under warranty. For some reason I don't have great expectations.

Don't know FM of Beverly Hills, I use San Francisco FM.

Enjoy the car, I think it's much more fun to drive than the Porsche.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

BrianS,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I love the car but am afraid something is going to blow up any second. Just me. Yesterday I forgot the dry sump oiling system and saw the needle drop like a rock at a stop sign. My CD doesn't like Willie Nelson, but will play Dean Martin all day!

Got two coats of Zaino on and it looks like new, or better. Did the leather and the inside smells like a shoe factory. I've had more than my share of fast and interesting cars but I believe this one will rate close to the top of the list.

I'm brand new to the board but I like what I'm seeing so far. Kinda miss the 2001 TT but I'll get over it.

Doc

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ah, a fellow Zaino user....
I too bought a low mileage '04 (three months ago).
Two things helped the way the computer controlled the clutch.
1. I turned off the main battery switch, which reset the adaptives it had learned in short test drives.
2. I asked the dealer to adjust the point of initial slippage.
With those items, the clutch was much better and I really enjoy it now.
Regards,
Sean

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FM Orange Co

ha ha,
per your suggestion I called Maserati of Orange and was extremely impressed with the person with whom I spoke. My car will go in Monday for two recall corrections and fluid change plus a software update. I hope the service will be as professional as I anticipate.

Doc

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great!!! I live in Marina Del Rey, which is only 4-5 miles from FM BH yet I rather take my car somewhere 50-60 miles away. Just got my car back from OC this afternoon... after BH caused a great deal of anguish and wasted lots of time. Anyhow, I am extremely pleased with the tubi installed today. As many have said, it's a humming masterpiece :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing