Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Finally took possession of my '03 Spyder GT (20,000miles). Was a trade-in from a Mercedes dealership; they put a new clutch/flywheel/TO bearing etc in it, and fixed a wheel, and gave me new rear tires...

Any softtop gurus out there? I've read some threads regarding problems with openeing and closing the top.. but this is a bit different.

Actually 2 problems:

1) Driver side lever (See #34 on Eurospares diagram #109 Spyder My03) popped off. They are sending a replacement, but in the meantime I have to manually lift a lever... not a big deal...

2) Big deal - The crossmember lock cover (#22 in Eurospares diagram #112 Spyder MY03) fell off. It's a foam piece that I can glue together and replace. But now the top won't open all the way. It seems to jam, and requires a manual open before it will close again. I assume there are sensors in the closing mechanism that stop the process, anyone know where they are? I've tried the battery reset trick to no avail. I've played with the other buttons in the rear glove box as well. No luck.

Oh yah... love the car. Drove it 800miles from Victoria to Edmonton (Canada) (over the Rocky Mountains)... what a blast.... if I could only get the top down again.

hgh

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,

Finally took possession of my '03 Spyder GT (20,000miles). Was a trade-in from a Mercedes dealership; they put a new clutch/flywheel/TO bearing etc in it, and fixed a wheel, and gave me new rear tires...

Any softtop gurus out there? I've read some threads regarding problems with openeing and closing the top.. but this is a bit different.

Actually 2 problems:

1) Driver side lever (See #34 on Eurospares diagram #109 Spyder My03) popped off. They are sending a replacement, but in the meantime I have to manually lift a lever... not a big deal...

2) Big deal - The crossmember lock cover (#22 in Eurospares diagram #112 Spyder MY03) fell off. It's a foam piece that I can glue together and replace. But now the top won't open all the way. It seems to jam, and requires a manual open before it will close again. I assume there are sensors in the closing mechanism that stop the process, anyone know where they are? I've tried the battery reset trick to no avail. I've played with the other buttons in the rear glove box as well. No luck.

Oh yah... love the car. Drove it 800miles from Victoria to Edmonton (Canada) (over the Rocky Mountains)... what a blast.... if I could only get the top down again.

hgh
the band straps seem to be strecthed out and need to be raplaced, you can take it to an independant convertible top shop (Costa mesa auto upholstry) does it . it will run you anywere around $400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts