Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm still very much interested in a Maserati. Would the CC be easy to pick up and learn? Anything I should know before taking one for a spin (dont want to do something stupid during the test drive)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Auto Mode

kayman said:
But I'm still very much interested in a Maserati. Would the CC be easy to pick up and learn? Anything I should know before taking one for a spin (dont want to do something stupid during the test drive)

The car has an auto mode that will allow you to shift when you want to, while knowing that it will auto downshift and up shift if you press the car too far or forget to do it yourself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kayman,

You would have no problem adapting to the CC. On your test drive, once you get the car moving in first, you'll simply pull the right paddle towards you when you get to a rev level of around 4k RPM. This will shift the car into second. Do the opposite when you are slowing down. It's much easier than driving a traditional manual because there is no timing of balancing the clutch and gas involved.

Good luck and have fun on your test drive.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
How to drive a CC....

1. Push the gas pedal.

2. When the engine sounds like it's going to explode press the right paddle (if you forget to, the computer will do it for you before you cause any irreversible damage)

3. Repeat right shifts until you reach your desired speed (ownre's manual suggests a slightly higher tire pressure above 168 mph)

4. Call your doctor if you experience an erection that lasts for more than 4-8 hours

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
2. When the engine sounds like it's going to explode press the right paddle (if you forget to, the computer will do it for you before you cause any irreversible damage)
It wont upshift in sport mode ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the CC would be fine.

I learned to drive a stick after I bought a Ferrari and had to get back to DC from Chicago.

That clutch was not long for this world :)

-dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just curiosity and don't take this the wrong way are you fairly new to driving in general or have you just always owned automatic cars?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts