Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that there were 60 of these made in 2005. They basically have massage front seats and reclining rear seats as I understand it. Can anyone confirm or deny this and are they more valuable than standard QP's?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yeah, the Neiman Marcus QP was made. 60 of them, sold out 36 minutes after it was open to sales. Not sure about the seats reclining, etc... but they were all Bordouax on Tan with Bordouax accents... Different grill and different rims too.

They sell for abotu the same price, sometimes less...

Mainly because the car has the original owner's name engraved on a plaque in it (A la Gransport MCV X/180)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the Neiman Marcus QP was made. 60 of them, sold out 36 minutes after it was open to sales. Not sure about the seats reclining, etc... but they were all Bordouax on Tan with Bordouax accents... Different grill and different rims too.

They sell for abotu the same price, sometimes less...

Mainly because the car has the original owner's name engraved on a plaque in it (A la Gransport MCV X/180)
Aha! Yes, the color is fantastic on the one I saw. Thanks for verifying. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
They were painted Bordeaux Pontevecchio with an Avorio interior and optioned up to what amounts to today's Executive GT model...19" Ball Polished wheels, chrome side vents and mesh grille, wood steering, etc. They do not command a premium in today's market.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
they were the precursors to the QP Executive. they come with the color scheme that is specified by Pininfarina (andrea) comes with the 'f' badge instead of 'pininfarina' on the side.

you can spec any QP the way a NM QP looks minus that f badge and interior badge.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have heard that there were 60 of these made in 2005. They basically have massage front seats and reclining rear seats as I understand it. Can anyone confirm or deny this and are they more valuable than standard QP's?
All QPs have these features as an option

·
Registered
78 Posts
great color scheme

It's the same color scheme as my cambio coupe. Is there a list of how many each color were built each year?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Designer QP

Of course it would never happen, but wouldn't it be novel if a car company took their cues for design from their customer base? :rolleyes: Why couldn't there be for example, a "Maserati Life Edition"? Given all the input over the time I have participated in this forum, although there are many conflicting ideas, I don't think it would be too difficult to arrive at a consensus for this limited edtion car! By analogy, if I remember correctly, a great coffee house in Chicago (Intelligentsia Coffee?), in an attempt to creat a perfect espresso roast, invited members of a well known coffee forum to participate in creating the perfect blend. Members gathered at the Roasteria and by the end of a long day of tasting, came up with a blend that was later marketed.

So, there is our challenge! What would the "Maserati Life Limited Edition QP" look like! Listen well Maserati!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Cars designed by committee would be like anything else designed by committee.... boring, too many compromises. You could get a widely liked car that would not be optimal for anybody. Hey, I vote for orange. :D (yeah, yeah...I'm a troublemaker. Now carry on)

·
Registered
250 Posts
With respect to valuation, it doesn't seem based on the listings I've seen over the past few months that there is much of a premium, if any. Aston Martin made a NM Special Edition DB7 in black, which does seem to maintain a slightly higher value than the standard DB7. However, the Special Edition Dunhill Aston Martin DB7 seems to have no premium in the used market. I think if NM specified the NM QP in a more universal color (e.g., black, silver, etc.) it would be easier for the market to maintain a premium on this car. When I purchased my QP, there was a NM QP available for the same price; however, I really didn't want the Bordeaux color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts