Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good Stateside shop to recommend to have my brakes rehabilitated? The brake pads on the inside of all four calipers are stuck; only the outside pads are moving under pressure. I'm changing all discs and pads. Would like to have my calipers rejuvenated too. I'm in South Carolina if that matters. Checked with Formula Dynamics but they don't do calipers.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Lee...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing, Jason. Thanks for checking in. I saw several sources for kits, do you have source or provider that you prefer? What specific seal kits do I ask for? My 2002 still has standard brakes.

Lee...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason: I'm having no luck at all with finding caliper overhaul kits for my stock calipers. Ricambi and Scuderia both say they don't carry them; Race Technologies was recommended to me by the Ricambi parts guy, but they don't have them either. One possible source recommended calling a Maserati dealer but haven't had any luck with them yet either (they're not answering their phones at the moment). Any other suggestions? If you don't mind, you can contact me at my email address so we can take this off-line: [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
The calipers should cross over to other makes that might be easier to look up parts for. Not sure if your brakes are the same as a 05 spyder but on rockauto.com they list a caliber kit.
Centric
front 14307001
Rear 14337011
Might want to Google those numbers or maybe contact centric.
Screenshot_20200116-094326_Firefox.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts

Maybe try emailing the two companies listed in that thread and see if they'll supply a kit?

Depending on the colour you want and luck, it might just be easier/cheaper to replace the whole set. You can pick up a set of four working calipers for ~$650 USD + some shipping. If you don't DIY, you can just supply the parts to any shop and get them to swap the calipers. Its maybe and hours work if they're taking their time + costs for consumables (new pads and brake fluid).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I replaced my black ones with a red set, in the process I found the kits on ebay just in case i would have to rebuild the used red calipers. I it turned out I didn't need them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Strange to find out there are no caliper seal kits. Have you tried posting on the UK site? they are very active and from all I've read very resourceful too. There is also Eurospares in the UK. Please post back if you find a source, I am sure we can all benefit from knowing where to get hard to find parts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have a look here, I posted some info on the other furum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up changing all four discs and all four wheel sets of pads. A local independant Maserati guy said he thought he could find kits for the calipers. He pulled them and cleaned them all. Not sure what he did to get the appropriate O-rings and such. Haven't picked it up yet since the rear discs just came today. I'll try to post a final price for everything when done. The discs and pads are going to total around $1,500. Don't know about the calipers yet. Good news about this possible new second source. Replacement brakes for 4200 Coupes are apparently something of a challenge to find all in one place.

Slidefighter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts