Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive an '01 Porsche 911 C4.
I plan to change/upgrade over the next few months.

I see quite a few nice Coupe Cambiocorsa's out there, among which a red 2003 with 12,000 miles.
I want to hear from 2003 CC owners about reliability, is your '03 a daily driver, what miles do you drive, what issues have you had, what repairs have you had to make?

My car will be a daily driver, so reliability is an issue.
I'm currently hovering between this and an '02 911 Turbo.

I look forward to any feedback you can provide.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
you can get the maser for around 50k, so if you are getting a quote for a higher price, dont get it.

I have yet to drive my 03, but from what I have read and heard, they are pretty solid and fun ;)

Plus, it SHOULd have a nice bit of warranty left, so you will be safe... and extended warranty will be available by the time it ends :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you are interested in a daily driver, how close is the neasrest service center and who is it.

A good dealer/service place can make this a great daily driver. However, if you need to use some of the bad places mentioned on the boards that may sway your decision.

Not sure what your budget is but I would go for the newest Maser you can get. Most 03 will be off warranty this year.

Get the Maser, every one has a Porsche.

-dsd

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would you suggest that you try to get an 05 CC Coupe. There are a lot of low priced/low miles 05 cars available. Then you will not have to worry about expensive repairs since the car will be under warranty for a decent period of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your feedback.
I hear you loud and clear about the '05 vs the '03.

Service-wise, I would get the car serviced in Newport Beach, CA. Either at the Ferrari/Maserati dealership, or at Phillips, a high-end used car dealership and all-round service shop, that has done excellent work on my Porsche.

For those of you who have driven a Coupe CC for the past few years, can you give me some details/history/feedback on what you experienced in terms of build quality, durability and reliability?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do a forum search on "Daily Driver" the topic has been covered a lot.

I have used my 04CC as a daily since new. Only real issue was the F1 pump (replaced under warranty in 2 days).

I love it!

-dsd

·
Registered
681 Posts
I drive the 06 Coupe as a daily driver right now, my co-worker plans on getting a 996 Twin Turbo for a daily driver in the near future. I personally think the Porsche is better bang for the buck but to me it was a boring drive compared to the Maserati and I don't want AWD and I didn't have 6 figures laying around for a GT2.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I drive an '03, but only on the weekends usually. There have been a smattering of "annoyance" repairs (i.e. rattling in cabin, popped off headlight washer cover, trunk adjustment, etc) and one major repair (clutch replaced) but all was under warranty. If you're able to tolerate small problems (something I guess you kind of expect with an exotic) I would say the car is fine for a daily driver (although in SoCal if you're going through stop-and-go traffic a lot that's no fun in the Maserati). However, I would agree that getting a newer model with longer warranty would be better unless you have an extra car as repair times can be several days and you might not get a loaner.

·
Registered
286 Posts
F. Yu said:
I drive an '03, but only on the weekends usually. There have been a smattering of "annoyance" repairs (i.e. rattling in cabin, popped off headlight washer cover, trunk adjustment, etc) and one major repair (clutch replaced) but all was under warranty. If you're able to tolerate small problems (something I guess you kind of expect with an exotic) I would say the car is fine for a daily driver (although in SoCal if you're going through stop-and-go traffic a lot that's no fun in the Maserati). However, I would agree that getting a newer model with longer warranty would be better unless you have an extra car as repair times can be several days and you might not get a loaner.
do u have any sound clips of your exhaust?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
tfaz said:
I would you suggest that you try to get an 05 CC Coupe. There are a lot of low priced/low miles 05 cars available. Then you will not have to worry about expensive repairs since the car will be under warranty for a decent period of time.
EXACTLY what I did!!!!!

:D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
tfaz said:
Congratulations!!! Be sure and post pics after you get it tomorrow. I bet you will have a hard time sleeping tonight.
Thank you!

SLEEPING? Who's sleeping? I'm WAY too nervous to sleep.
Jennifer's thinking I've lost my mind. Just wait until I get the car... "Buzz, where you at 2:00 AM?"

·
Registered
191 Posts
leadfoot_mf said:
do u have any sound clips of your exhaust?
nope. its nice and aggressive though. :)
I've had people staying over at my house "woken up" when I started the car in the garage.

·
Registered
773 Posts
maserati, is their any other

come on, what other answer are you going to get from a maserati site. MASERATI!! my 02cc spyder is a daily driver. ok i work 2 miles from home. pull into starbucks, there is only ONE maserati ever in the lot. if that is important. every customer looks it over every day. how ever much money they have, and they a wealthy, the maserati is the choice car. my 550 does not gain that attention. down side clutch,bad dealer, sure. dealer got changed! crook. new dealer goood boy. run no muffler no cat. sound at idle is music, at 1500 heaven, on the floor to 7000 bliss. try that with a what was the choice, oh well it does not matter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts