Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
my 2005 qp has a flat battery. i'm guessing the battery is in the boot as i can't see anything under the bonnet (hood) however i cannot acces the boot compartment as lock is not responding to the remote or the key. can anyone advise a solution as car seems to be in complete shutdown (the alarm went off so may have locked the boot) . instument panel lights flash very slightly but other than that the electrics are dead. i can't even get into the glove box to get the manual :(

hope someone can help quickly?

thks
stuart

·
Registered
528 Posts
My coupe has a spot for a key right above the rear plate.
It is hidden next to the light for the plate.

You might have the same thing on the QP.

The battery is in the rear right corner of the trunk, behind a panel

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, just above the rear license plate, between the license plate lights is a keyhole. You have to get down a little bit to see it. turn the key to the left to open it. it unlocks it manually so you have to turn it firmly. this should do the job... Goodluck!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
as maseratiRM mentioned, you should be able to access the trunk now. hope the problem is resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep all sorted thks. the manual key access on the qp boot is very stiff. you also need to push down a little on the boot lid. felt like the key might break but worked in the end.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also had a flat battery on a cold and damp morning (before a long drive). I thought the key would break turning. it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts