Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking for recommendations for a Indy Shop in Orange County, CA to work on my 2007 Quattroporte Sports GT Auto that have reasonable prices and are willing to install non-OEM parts (for example Formula Dynamics Brake Pads and Rotors). The Indy shop I take my car to right now only install and OEM parts and do not offer aftermarket options.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do they install aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
2011 QPS
4 Posts
I haven't had them install them myself. But I've seen them do it on other's cars there.
They're good guys. They'll also give you the straight scoop on plusses and minuses of OEM, aftermarket, and reman.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had them install them myself. But I've seen them do it on other's cars there.
They're good guys. They'll also give you the straight scoop on plusses and minuses of OEM, aftermarket, and reman.
Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I generally use Rusnak in Pasadena. Not an indy shop, but they did install non-OEM tires. Otherwise, all OEM. But they at least never screw up, they always fix what they say they will, and the total has always been less or identical to what was quoted. Very satisfied.

When I had my brakes done, I went with an independent local mechanic who works on several Maserati in the neighborhood. He bought the Maserati OEM brakes from Rusnak, and installed, at about 2/3 the cost Rusnak quoted. Its a simple job, nothing really Maserati specific, so I felt confident and I like the result. Nice saving a thousand bucks too.

I took the brake rotors that were removed to a local machine shop that turned them. $300 I think for all 4. They are still thick enough, and I will use them next time. Packed in grease.

I did not go with any aftermarket brakes, because the QP5 brakes are among the very best ever installed in any road car! Average for modern cars in the USA: 234 feet to go 70-0 mph. QP5: 157 feet (2009, Car & Driver test). The best braking cars tested by Road and Track in 2006 for 60-0 mph, measured in feet:

BEST

Aston Martin V-8 Vantage107 ft.
Ferrari F430 Spider107 ft.
Lotus Exige107 ft.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren107 ft.
Porsche Boxster S107 ft.
Porsche 911 Carrera S108 ft.
Ferrari Enzo109 ft.
Chevrolet Corvette Z06109 ft.
Maserati Quattroporte109 ft.
Mazda RX-8110 ft.

Ferrari know what they are doing, and it was Ferrari that developed the QP5, and tested and selected the specific Brembo brakes installed on every one of our cars.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I generally use Rusnak in Pasadena. Not an indy shop, but they did install non-OEM tires. Otherwise, all OEM. But they at least never screw up, they always fix what they say they will, and the total has always been less or identical to what was quoted. Very satisfied.

When I had my brakes done, I went with an independent local mechanic who works on several Maserati in the neighborhood. He bought the Maserati OEM brakes from Rusnak, and installed, at about 2/3 the cost Rusnak quoted. Its a simple job, nothing really Maserati specific, so I felt confident and I like the result. Nice saving a thousand bucks too.

I took the brake rotors that were removed to a local machine shop that turned them. $300 I think for all 4. They are still thick enough, and I will use them next time. Packed in grease.

I did not go with any aftermarket brakes, because the QP5 brakes are among the very best ever installed in any road car! Average for modern cars in the USA: 234 feet to go 70-0 mph. QP5: 157 feet (2009, Car & Driver test). The best braking cars tested by Road and Track in 2006 for 60-0 mph, measured in feet:

BEST

Aston Martin V-8 Vantage107 ft.
Ferrari F430 Spider107 ft.
Lotus Exige107 ft.
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren107 ft.
Porsche Boxster S107 ft.
Porsche 911 Carrera S108 ft.
Ferrari Enzo109 ft.
Chevrolet Corvette Z06109 ft.
Maserati Quattroporte109 ft.
Mazda RX-8110 ft.

Ferrari know what they are doing, and it was Ferrari that developed the QP5, and tested and selected the specific Brembo brakes installed on every one of our cars.
Thanks David. Very helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts