Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Ill explain my situation. Step father puchased a 07 QP and drove it a half dozen times before going in for elective surgery which resulted in his passing. Needless to say my mother is now the owner of a essentially new QP with 900 miles on it and wants to sell it. As you can imagine its a bit flashy for a grandmother and attracts too much attention here in SLC.

I really dont know much about the car other than its beautiful and a blast to drive.
How do I determine its value?
Any suggestions on places to market the car?
I tried listing it on a couple of .com and local places but so far it only attracts marketers or people that just want personal info.
Anything I should know or advice appreciated.

Right now it just sits in the garage.
http://maseratisale.home.comcast.net/~maseratisale/

thanks
C

·
Registered
242 Posts
You could consign it at your local Ferrari/Maserati dealer. There will be some fee involved but you would at least get it in front of the right shopping audience and have the dealer manage pricing, offers and paper work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think that you may be in for a bit of shock when you see what these things are selling for. They take quite a beating in the resale market. Even new ones are being discounted, you may need to drop your price significantly.

Good luck.

Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have put the consign option on the back burner for now but may later, the dealer doesnt seem too interested.

Price, yes I feel it needs to come down since Im seeing them in the 90s. But then the local dealer has same cars with more miles in the 130s. hard to gauge where it should be.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am sorry about your loss but yes, I would agree with what others have said and sell the car...maybe you can talk them up to $100k. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts